Gratuities

champagne123

I am in the process of booking the Seaside for next year and cannot find any info on gratuities. Do they add it on? Do they have envelopes? Is there a certain amount you are supposed to leave? Thank you:)

MSC have a no personal tipping policy. Instead they have a daily service charge which is added to your account and currently is $12 per person per day, next year it is rising to $12.5 pppd

These are The current amounts

service%20charge%202016.jpg

and here is the policy

service%20charge%202.jpg

Pete

Perfect. Thank you Skier. So, I guess it is very similar to all of the other cruise lines. One less thing to worry about if it is automatically added to your account. May I ask you one more question....new here to MSC and trying to read EVERYTHING...LOL....If I get the category where drinks are included, is the tip included also or do I tip for each individual drink when purchased?

Perfect. Thank you Skier. So, I guess it is very similar to all of the other cruise lines. One less thing to worry about if it is automatically added to your account. May I ask you one more question....new here to MSC and trying to read EVERYTHING...LOL....If I get the category where drinks are included, is the tip included also or do I tip for each individual drink when purchased?

Basically there is no tipping on MSC ships unless some one really deserves addition recognition and even then it must be done very discreetly.

It is believed that if they are seen getting a tip it must be put into the pool or else they get fired if they don't

Pete

I did not want to start another thread...so I had another question that just popped up. I was reading someone's review and it stated that if you are in the Yacht Club, you can not go outside that area to get a cocktail. Is this true? You can only get a drink at the one bar? :confused:

I did not want to start another thread...so I had another question that just popped up. I was reading someone's review and it stated that if you are in the Yacht Club, you can not go outside that area to get a cocktail. Is this true? You can only get a drink at the one bar? :confused:

The Yacht Club drinks are only available within YC areas, That includes the YC lounge, the YC restaurant and the one deck. Outside of these areas drinks have to be purchased either individually or with some sort of package.

Pete

Thank you...thank you!!! So much to learn on a new cruise line. I do love the idea of the YC. Trying to figure out which cabin is very difficult since the ship is not even built yet and therefore no information. :( Thank you for all of the help you have given me. I hope my questions are not too annoying. :D