Just Booked the Meraviglia

martin4356111

So excited 😊

Booked a seven night cruise on the 8th December 2017. A bit of a wait but fingers crossed I'll get another one or two in between now and then. Not sure how hot or cold it will be but I'm more interested in spending time exploring the ship than sunbathing.

Have been on the Preziosa and Splendida several time and loved them. The Meraviglia looks amazing, a big step up from tthe Fantasia class.

Anyone else on this one?

Hi,

I am looking at booking a Med. cruise for the first part of July 2017. One of the choices is RCI Freedom OTS or the MSC's MeraViglia. Both from Barcelona.

The Freedom I am very familiar with, the Meraviglia I have no idea what to expect. I am from US but rest of my family that I am inviting to cruise with us are from Europe. Some of them cruised on the Freedom class ship and liked the ice skating , the claiming wall and the flow rider .

Will be booking 4 cabins ( so probably it will be inside) - price very similar on both ships ........ what should I book.

What will be the official language on the Meraviglia in the Med.?. What is the food ? Mostly italian ? What is the MSC cancellation policy ? Euro is the official currency ( on Med cruises,) right ? What is the ethnicity of most of the guests on a Med cruise?

Any suggestions ?

We booked a YC interior for Oct in and out of Genoa. First time for MSC after 22 Carnival and Princess. A new adventure followed by an extra week in Italy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi,

I am looking at booking a Med. cruise for the first part of July 2017. One of the choices is RCI Freedom OTS or the MSC's MeraViglia. Both from Barcelona.

The Freedom I am very familiar with, the Meraviglia I have no idea what to expect. I am from US but rest of my family that I am inviting to cruise with us are from Europe. Some of them cruised on the Freedom class ship and liked the ice skating , the claiming wall and the flow rider .

Will be booking 4 cabins ( so probably it will be inside) - price very similar on both ships ........ what should I book.

What will be the official language on the Meraviglia in the Med.?.

MSC usually use Italian. English, French, German and Spanish on their Med cruises. Announcements, of which there are very few will be in all five languages as will the introduction to the shows.

What is the food ? Mostly italian ? Italian influenced, Expect to be presented with six or seven courses typically

Appetizers

Salad

Soups

Pasta and Risotto

Main Dishes

Desserts

Cheeses

What is the MSC cancellation policy ?That depends on the region in which you book as it is governed by the consumer laws of that region

Euro is the official currency ( on Med cruises,) right ?Yes. It is also the official currency in other regions such as non US based Caribbean cruises

What is the ethnicity of most of the guests on a Med cruise? Mostly European, both Western and Eastern, usually there are some Scandinavians on board, possibly with a few Antipodean and Japanese guests as well

Any suggestions ?

What you should book depends on your attitude to trying something new as against sticking with what is familiar. that's is for you to decide.

I am a Diamond level with Royal Caribbean and a Black card with MSC I like both products. There are some very big differences. Much will depend on which "Experience" you go with on MSC. I go either Aurea or Yacht Club (depending on the class of ship). I'm booked on Meraviglia in the Yacht Club. but then I don't have to have 4 cabins and know the MSC product very well.

When on RCI ships I tend to have Grand Suites

Pe.te

Edited by Skier52

Hi Skier,

thank you for your response and the explanation.

I am D (going on NV this coming Sunday to Southampton and that will put us to D+) so Meraviglia will match the level...... but that is not important to me, rest of the family will not get that level.

We started cruising in late 80s, most cruises with Royal, and about the same number with Celebrity. We like both products even when we cruise in the inside - we do not require much of anything ...... but we like food that taste good to us. Never had a 'bad cruise', ... even when we got the 'noro' on the Mariner OTS it was not their fault

All of the cruise lines have changed over the many years and I have seen some posts that MSC is what cruises used to be ...... so that got my interest.

Rest of the family lives in Europe so perhaps the Meraviglia might be more to their liking ...... but they should like any cruise.

So, I am scared of the 'new', comfortable with 'old and familiar' ..... but maybe it is time to try something different and 'new' to us.

Thanks again,

Wes