MSC Seaside News

Mikesa1721

MSC Seaside to be home ported and christened in Miami!!

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC/MSC-Cruises-Seaside.aspx?ref=consumer

Thanks Mike for posting the news, Capt. Scala hinted about it on our Feb 27 cruise. It looks fabulous and I know you will be on there in the YC. It is supposed to have 2 theatres.

Edited by riclop

I called MSC as soon as I saw the news today and asked when they were going to start booking...the reservation agent had just heard the news herself and said they knew very little at this point. I told her I MUST be in the YC for the inaugural cruise! LOL She said she'd call me back tomorrow with more info so we'll see...CAN NOT WAIT!!! I'll post on here if I find anything out...

Now that they got their chops wet in the Caribbean and Miami, I am sure their trial cabin fees, especially their Yacht Club rates, will rise to match other cruise lines...which will probably keep me out of the Yacht Club......:(

Thanks Mike for posting the news, Capt. Scala hinted about it on our Feb 27 cruise. It looks fabulous and I know you will be on there in the YC. It is supposed to have 2 theatres.

I'll definitely be there for the christening,,,love to see the Fiat jet ski's again!!! I think the days of YC3 staterooms may be over for me on this ship,,,but I'll definitely look to sail in a YC1 Riclop.:D

I called MSC as soon as I saw the news today and asked when they were going to start booking...the reservation agent had just heard the news herself and said they knew very little at this point. I told her I MUST be in the YC for the inaugural cruise! LOL She said she'd call me back tomorrow with more info so we'll see...CAN NOT WAIT!!! I'll post on here if I find anything out...

My TA told me MSC will usually release their dates 10-12 months in advance and since the build out of this ship is 21 months away,,,hopefully we may be able to start booking the inaugural sailing in another 3 to 6 months.

Now that they got their chops wet in the Caribbean and Miami, I am sure their trial cabin fees, especially their Yacht Club rates, will rise to match other cruise lines...which will probably keep me out of the Yacht Club......:(

I'm not to sure about that Fire. I'm still struggling with MSC's marketing approach here in the states. Social media and TA's seem to be their main marketing strategy. MSC still needs to attract new cruisers and I don't think building a new ship and a new commitment to the Port Of Miami, they can afford to price themselves out of the market.

I'm not to sure about that Fire. I'm still struggling with MSC's marketing approach here in the states. Social media and TA's seem to be their main marketing strategy. MSC still needs to attract new cruisers and I don't think building a new ship and a new commitment to the Port Of Miami, they can afford to price themselves out of the market.

:) Lets hope so Mike. If I enjoy the 7 day 2 port visit in the Yacht Club next April, and the price stays steady, I might just book another one and another and another......:D

I am trying to find a home that meets my desires, schedule, and ports.

Was just telling my wife that "when" I win the lotto, I want a place in the Caribbean...then thought, why not just cruise and cruise and cruise back there without the added 1 location home expense....she is game..:cool:

:) Lets hope so Mike. If I enjoy the 7 day 2 port visit in the Yacht Club next April, and the price stays steady, I might just book another one and another and another......:D

I am trying to find a home that meets my desires, schedule, and ports.

Was just telling my wife that "when" I win the lotto, I want a place in the Caribbean...then thought, why not just cruise and cruise and cruise back there without the added 1 location home expense....she is game..:cool:

Fire,,,be sure to join MSC's rewards program to start earning points towards discounts on cruise fare as well as other perks. A Black level rewards member receives a 20% discount on their cruise fare which will come in handy once Seaside arrives with her redesigned Yacht Club. You have to sail quite a few times to get there,,or spend a lot of money onboard,,,but you have 33 months!!!:D

well the seaside class will be based Miami

whoohoo for Miami...

... but does anybody know where the vista class will be based? I mean that's the very first new ship they'll start building next month in France afterall right?.... God, I hope that one stays in Europe for a while. Lol, I like the looks of the vista one better:rolleyes:.

Stef

well the seaside class will be based Miami

whoohoo for Miami...

... but does anybody know where the vista class will be based? I mean that's the very first new ship they'll start building next month in France afterall right?.... God, I hope that one stays in Europe for a while. Lol, I like the looks of the vista one better:rolleyes:.

Stef

Looks like one of the new builds,,,possibly one of the Vista ships will be heading to China:

MSC Cruises will make the Chinese market even more competitive when it introduces one of its new ships there, which could happen as soon as 2017. The MSC Seaside has already been announced as coming to Miami, but MSC also takes delivery of a second ship from STX France in early 2017, and five more ships are to follow through 2022.

Talking to Cruise Industry News aboard the MSC Orhcestra in Asia recently, CEO Gianni Onorato said: “Entering the Chinese market takes much care and consideration,” adding that a key factor is tonnage in the form of a new ship.

Will one of their ships being built from 2017 onward be for China? “Yes,” replied Onorato.

MSC’s inaugural Grand Voyage this year from Dubai to Asia and Australia signaled its entry into the booming Asian cruise market.

The Orchestra left Dubai on February 20, with an event held onboard in Singapore in early March for VIPs, press and other invited guests.

“We are in Singapore to show how firmly we believe in the Asian market’s potential, which is only going to grow further in the foreseeable future,” said Onorato. “All 13 ports of call on MSC Orchestra’s pioneering Grand Voyage are firsts for MSC Cruises.”

What about their plans for Asia? “We have always believed in growing organically, and we have a strong sales and marketing presence in Japan, China and Australia.” he said.

More interesting is MSC’s joint venture travel agency with China’s largest port operator, Shanghai International Port Group.

The Shanghai entity was the first joint venture travel agency to enter Shanghai’s pilot free trade zone last year.

In a released statement to Cruise Industry News, a spokesperson for MSC said:

“We’re very pleased and proud to have been granted a license (via the free trade zone) to sell outbound travel packages. Only four non-Chinese companies in China have been granted such a license, which creates opportunities to develop and diversify our business in China. We aim to customize our cruise product for clients with requests that cannot be met through the standard trade or tourism market. In the future, we might also use it for other projects, such as themed activities, inbound cruises, charters and more. ”

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12340-msc-heading-for-china-with-new-ship.html

I will definitely be booking the Seaside when she comes to Miami, just may have to make it a New Years cruise. This ship looks amazing! Hope they can do something new with the itineraries!

Divina looks to be mixing in a few 10 and 11 night sailings next year. However,,I wished MSC would offer sailings to Panama,,Aruba,,Antigua,,etc. more frequently,,at least aboard Divina. We're at the point now where the ship is the destination more than the ports of call.

Divina looks to be mixing in a few 10 and 11 night sailings next year. However,,I wished MSC would offer sailings to Panama,,Aruba,,Antigua,,etc. more frequently,,at least aboard Divina. We're at the point now where the ship is the destination more than the ports of call.

You are right Mike the ship is the destination for us as well. After being on the Divina 5 straight time we are ready for a change so we will be on the Royal Princess and the Regal Princess then the Allure but will definitely look forward to the new seaside MSC ship. Enjoy your cruise in the YC:D:D:D