December Cruise to Mexico

dee2673

SO very excited to be cruising to Mexico for the first time. I've been checking out this board and am thinking more "stuff" will posted as Mexico season approaches. We are on the Westerdam Dec 10.

I am half mexican and am hoping to purchase apparel, specifically mexican style dresses for family members. Near ship or in town? Is there a flea/open market?

Also, I purchased a pair of earrings several years ago in Cozumel and they were regrettably stolen. I've never seen another pair like them. They were made of mexican gold coins, apparently unique. Who knew? Anyone notice anything like this in either Cabo, PV or Mazatlan?

I am reading and researching places to eat and drink and look forward to reading posts from recent cruisers.

Thank you all in advance

What kind of Mexican dresses? The embroidered kind?

The area around the Mazatlan Mercado has lots of shops.

PV has a bunch of stores right at port. Also along the Malecon and around the Church.

Cabo has a several flea type markets. We like going to the ones around Cabo Wabo. There are a few other non-flea tourist stores along the Marina.

Which port are you leaving from? Look at Old Town in San Diego or Olvera Street in Los Angeles.

Might not find many recent reviews. Carnival sails year round to the MR. But many have sailed it so often that they rarely post reviews any more.

Edited by SadieN

Thank you ! I guess I wasn't clear. I know Mexico season starts about Oct 1..I meant I'd watch as it is approaching. And yes the embroidered kind. I have 3 granddaughters who I'd like to get dresses for and other family members love to lounge around in them. So cool.

As I said I'll watch upcoming threads as there are sure to be some posts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will find a nice fleamarket near the Rio Cuale in Puerto Vallarta centro. This is just past the famous church, end of the Malecon.

Also down on the island in Rio cuale a few more.

Along Plaza Lazaro Cardenas there are some stands with dresses, blouses, hats etc.

The fleamarket near the cruise terminal is in general abit more expensive.

http://vallartainfo.com/south-side-map/

Take a cab or the blue/white centro (not tunel) to get there.