Disembarkation at miami

capegirl

Does Oceania have a tour around Miami with drop off at International Airport. We have a whole day wait at airport and have done it before and it is awful!

They do not, you'll have to do your own thing.

With luggage, it's probably easiest to rent a car from a national chain near the Port , and then return it to the Airport.

Not sure when the last time some of you disembarked in Miami, but in January I booked a HoHO tour through Oceania. They picked us up in the open top buses at the terminal, the luggage went in a box truck and stayed there until we picked it up by their main stop at Bayside Mall. Then there was a separate shuttle that took us to the airport.

I think the cost was about $10 pp more than an Oceania transfer. Your flight had to be after a certain time to be able to take it.

It looks like this is exactly what the OP is looking for.

Not sure when the last time some of you disembarked in Miami, but in January I booked a HoHO tour through Oceania. They picked us up in the open top buses at the terminal, the luggage went in a box truck and stayed there until we picked it up by their main stop at Bayside Mall. Then there was a separate shuttle that took us to the airport.

I think the cost was about $10 pp more than an Oceania transfer. Your flight had to be after a certain time to be able to take it.

We disembarked this month.

I was not aware of the option you have described, but would have taken it had we used Oceania.

However Miami hotel and transfers arranged through our travel agent were 50% of the amount Oceania were asking. :o:o:o

We did the BigBus hoho Miami tours yesterday (precruise). Pretty dismal -partly because there's really not much to Miami. One tour (southward from downtown) had a guide onboard who never added a comment to the taped comments (themselves quite lackluster). The South Beach tour had active participation from the guide. But, still, it all amounted to distorted sound and little more than the most basic history.

If this was a significant port, we'd have opted for a private tour.

On the positive side, we did visit the Wolfsonian Museum - a nice little surprise; and we did the Mango's dinner show - quite entertaining.

Also took a walk over to Total Wine and picked up a half dozen decent items for tomorrow's embarkation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the BigBus hoho Miami tours yesterday (precruise). Pretty dismal -partly because there's really not much to Miami. One tour (southward from downtown) had a guide onboard who never added a comment to the taped comments (themselves quite lackluster). The South Beach tour had active participation from the guide. But, still, it all amounted to distorted sound and little more than the most basic history.

If this was a significant port, we'd have opted for a private tour.

On the positive side, we did visit the Wolfsonian Museum - a nice little surprise; and we did the Mango's dinner show - quite entertaining.

Also took a walk over to Total Wine and picked up a half dozen decent items for tomorrow's embarkation.

Next time, take a tour of Vizcaya

1934.jpg

fascinating stuff

YES Thank You!

We took a cab to the airport and picked up a rental car. Had a great day in the city and drove up the coast a bit. Would do again in a heartbeat over a bus. Another time we hired a car and driver. They didn't show but we managed to find one at the port. Another great day.

Mo

We used the BigBus which picked us up at the ship, held our luggage and then we went to Miami Beach to see the Art Deco buildings. The beach there is also beautiful and has a very long, paved walkway. The fare for the BigBus can be paid for using OBC while on the ship, it goes to multiple locations, customers can hop on/off and, when done, will drop you at the airport.