prices dropped for oct. regal canada

luckyinpa

just had to post how happy i am vs a complaint about something :) only booked last week for my 1st princess trip, but the price dropped on the mini today so i saved more. i decided to try an online TA for the 1st time because the initial pricing from princess was over 10% savings. now this is about 10% more off than that price. I have a new invoice with the pricing , received within minutes of hanging up, and the money will be credited back to me within a week. i also got to keep my OBC!

i dont know if princess normally reduces prices the week before final but i'm glad they did this time

i also realize i probably wont be getting any further discounts but i still check pricing every day. you never know. now i want time to speed up even more!:D

Congratulations. Did you have to pay Princess £100 to make the change ?? We have just seen a reduction on a cruise we have booked for 2018 and they said we can have the new price but will have to pay a fee of £100 and cannot make any further changes if the price changes again ! Not sure when this came into force ?

Congratulations. Did you have to pay Princess £100 to make the change ?? We have just seen a reduction on a cruise we have booked for 2018 and they said we can have the new price but will have to pay a fee of £100 and cannot make any further changes if the price changes again ! Not sure when this came into force ?

I don't know when it came into force either, we have been told the same thing :( Princess used to adopt the policy that if you book early you don't loose out, now it seems you do !

Is this Princess charging the extra fee or your Travel Agent?

the more i think about this. maybe there was a tiny fee. something is creeping back into memory about what she said on the phone but all i was focused on was 'you are still saving 170 and you keep 50 OBC"

i have an invoice with a refund of 170 so whatever fee i paid i still made out so i cannot complain even if there was a fee. the mini itself is just 1154 and i think quite the deal.

We booked a January 2018 Cruise through Princess back in March, then they have the Sun Drenched deals promo going on, and I ran through the online booking process to the pricing point, and the same cruise was going to be about $1000 less than what we booked. I called Princess, and at first she couldn't see what I was seeing, then finally came up and indicated that the pricing I was given on the web wasn't quite right, that I was only going to save about $500 (the sale on the web had guests 2&3 at only $99 each, and she said that is wrong). Then, the only way for her to get me that savings was to unbook us from the mini we had reserved, and book us for the only mini that was covered in the web deal price. She didn't even get to the point of telling me we would have to forfeit our deposit on the first room. Oh and we would lose all of our on-board credit and complimentary premium meal upgrade for each of the 4 of us. Thanks but no-thanks was all I could say. Maybe next time we will try a TA... ;p

We booked a January 2018 Cruise through Princess back in March, then they have the Sun Drenched deals promo going on, and I ran through the online booking process to the pricing point, and the same cruise was going to be about $1000 less than what we booked. I called Princess, and at first she couldn't see what I was seeing, then finally came up and indicated that the pricing I was given on the web wasn't quite right, that I was only going to save about $500 (the sale on the web had guests 2&3 at only $99 each, and she said that is wrong). Then, the only way for her to get me that savings was to unbook us from the mini we had reserved, and book us for the only mini that was covered in the web deal price. She didn't even get to the point of telling me we would have to forfeit our deposit on the first room. Oh and we would lose all of our on-board credit and complimentary premium meal upgrade for each of the 4 of us. Thanks but no-thanks was all I could say. Maybe next time we will try a TA... ;p

Most of those do specifically state "For New Bookings Only" or some such phrasing. Always check what you will lose. On our upcoming 28 day cruise the cabin I booked is now significantly less than we paid but... We would lose the free AIBP. No way. I was, however, able to move from my Baja balcony to a larger Caribe balcony since it was also now way less than we had paid. I'll take it and be happy. :)

Definitely Princess - our TA thought it was really bad. Princess has altered their rules - a couple of years ago we saw our cruise had gone down, phoned Princess and they honoured the lower price, as simple as that no cost nothing and stated that if we noticed it go down again we could follow the same procedure for further reductions. When I asked our TA to go ahead with the change yesterday she called me and said she had Princess on the other line who were stating that to do this they would have to release our cabin and if someone else picked it up in the few minutes it took to complete the transaction it was hard luck on our part - I just told her to do it - quite honestly I was so fed up by this time I really wouldn't of bothered if we lost out - plenty more cruises out there !! Princess also confirmed the charge to do this was £100 and stated that this can be the one and only change. Oh and looking at their web site last night it also appears that if you want to change your cabin after booking but prior to final payment they will also charge you £20.00 or £25.00 - sorry cant remember which and don't want to quote the wrong figure.

I wouldnt mind the charge but think we should be allowed to make further changes if the prices go down again and also think a general email to customers would of been nice to advise them of the changes