Azura dining rooms post refit

Mysticalmother

I didnt know they had made the switch to two freedom restaurants but as with Ventura and Britannia if they have then it will be the rear restaurant on Deck 6, The Oriental.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back from Azura today. Oriental is indeed the club dining restaurant. No more wine waiters as your waiter does the drink ordering and this is then brought to him by a runner.

Thanks Mattybarlow. Did you find the wine service better ...or worse...? I like my wine on time with my meal which was one of the issues with the wine waiters previously. I ended up always pre- ordering otherwise it was pot luck when I managed to catch the wine waiter!

Thanks Mattybarlow. Did you find the wine service better ...or worse...? I like my wine on time with my meal which was one of the issues with the wine waiters previously. I ended up always pre- ordering otherwise it was pot luck when I managed to catch the wine waiter!

No real difference really. A lot of pax are complaining about the change but it didn't effect us that much. I'd say you don't have the expertise that a wine waiter can give but the overall experience is not really spoilt.

No real difference really. A lot of pax are complaining about the change but it didn't effect us that much. I'd say you don't have the expertise that a wine waiter can give but the overall experience is not really spoilt.

That's good to know. I know my wines anyway ( I'm not a wine snob but we have a wine importer in the family!) so probably won't miss the expertise!

You waiting to disembark? Or ashore already?

That's good to know. I know my wines anyway ( I'm not a wine snob but we have a wine importer in the family!) so probably won't miss the expertise!

You waiting to disembark? Or ashore already?

I'm still in bed in my cabin :-)

Just got back from Azura today. Oriental is indeed the club dining restaurant. No more wine waiters as your waiter does the drink ordering and this is then brought to him by a runner.

I had previously read that this was to happen fleet wide, so we were very surprised on our recent Britannia cruise to see they still had wine waiters, in fact there seemed more of them than normal.

I had previously read that this was to happen fleet wide, so we were very surprised on our recent Britannia cruise to see they still had wine waiters, in fact there seemed more of them than normal.

Yes Azura is the first, then Ventura then Britannia.

Originally Posted by terrierjohn viewpost.gif

Yes Azura is the first, then Ventura then Britannia.

Since P&O had decided this before Britannias maiden cruise one wonders why they even bothered to start her with wine waiters.

Hoping that when we go on Ventura at the end of next month that we will be able to dine midships. We are on the Club dining again this year, cruising with my parents. My sister & her boyfriend are also going & this will be their first cruise. While it doesn't worry me dining at the rear of the ship I know my dad always prefers to be midships & it might be better for my sister & her bf too. Usually if we ask to be moved they always manage to accommodate us in the midships dining room so hopefully they'll be able to do so for us this time. Has anyone else had to ask to be moved and been successful?

Hoping that when we go on Ventura at the end of next month that we will be able to dine midships. We are on the Club dining again this year, cruising with my parents. My sister & her boyfriend are also going & this will be their first cruise. While it doesn't worry me dining at the rear of the ship I know my dad always prefers to be midships & it might be better for my sister & her bf too. Usually if we ask to be moved they always manage to accommodate us in the midships dining room so hopefully they'll be able to do so for us this time. Has anyone else had to ask to be moved and been successful?

If you want to switch from club dining (The Oriental Restaurant at the rear) to a midships restaurant (Freedom dining at either of the midships restaurants) then you will need to queue at the Maitre d's desk when you board. You will likely be lucky since there is a demand for club dining but it isnt gauranteed. However if you do want club dining,the aft Oriental is your only option.

I remember we did get moved once before, at the time I think there was 2 club dining rooms, and we managed to get in to midships. Will leave it up to dad this year!! We wouldn't probably want to change to freedom dining just to different dining room.

I remember we did get moved once before, at the time I think there was 2 club dining rooms, and we managed to get in to midships. Will leave it up to dad this year!! We wouldn't probably want to change to freedom dining just to different dining room.

On Ventura, The Saffron Restaurant is the Mid ship club dining restaurant, and The Bay Tree Restaurant is at the rear.

On Ventura, The Saffron Restaurant is the Mid ship club dining restaurant, and The Bay Tree Restaurant is at the rear.

That's ok then. I don't mind dining at the back of the ship but it is more comfortable mid ships. I think Mandy would prefer it too. Thank you Andy :)

Ventura has only one club dining restaurant, the Bay Tree at the rear. Both midships restaurants are freedom dining.

No, Ventura has had two mid ships freedom dining restaurants since late 2013.

I did see something on their website about club dining being in Saffron and Bay Tree unless I misread, so possibly my mistake.