Civitavecchia.

GirlyCruiser

Evening everyone, apologies if this has already been covered in past posts, I was just wondering if there is much to look at or do in Civitavecchia? We have decided that as we have been to Rome twice we would not do a tour this time and just go in to Civitavecchia instead. Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated, many thanks :)

Evening everyone, apologies if this has already been covered in past posts, I was just wondering if there is much to look at or do in Civitavecchia? We have decided that as we have been to Rome twice we would not do a tour this time and just go in to Civitavecchia instead. Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated, many thanks :)

We posted a similar question a few months ago but can't find it! We were going to have a look at the fort etc.

To be honest, we stayed on the ship and had a GREAT day. Weather beautiful and all venues empty. We were about one of the only couples using the hot tubs at the back of the ship, relaxing and swimming etc. Great day.

We spoke to someone who got off and went to Civitavecchia who wasn't impressed. That's just one person though.

This sounds mad but I don't think I've ever stayed on the ship when we've been in port! It's a great idea though. I might consider doing so for when we are in Gibraltar :)

So far it sounds like Civitavecchia is worth a look. Is it far from the port?

This sounds mad but I don't think I've ever stayed on the ship when we've been in port! It's a great idea though. I might consider doing so for when we are in Gibraltar :)

So far it sounds like Civitavecchia is worth a look. Is it far from the port?

I'll try to find the thread we started for you.

We VERY rarely stay on the ship (only once in about 10 yrs) but as we have done Rome a few times and are due to stay there later this year we had planned to go in to Civitavecchia. We tried not to feel guilty by staying and having a lie in when others are up and off on their tours, followed by a quiet, leisurely breakfast then a pick of the prime locations to relax which was great. One thing we have learned about cruising is that it can be tiring if you're not careful and sometimes it is good to just relax. :)

Will find that thread for you now .:)