SPB Highlights Tour or TJ Travel Standard Tour?

cruzgryphon

Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet, Mim.

Really helpful!

Makes it easy to track all little differences between the tours.

Can I add one update: Best Guides’ tour Best of the Best is not 285 USD but 245 USD. and they give discounts to senior citizens.

Enjoy your cruise!

FYI on prices, for our September 1, 2017 sailing, the TJ prices we were given were $250 for 2 day SPB all highlights - these were for CC members (and no request to post on Roll Call or anything)

(Also $89 for 12 hour Berlin, and $80 for Stockholm)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI on prices, for our September 1, 2017 sailing, the TJ prices we were given were $250 for 2 day SPB all highlights - these were for CC members (and no request to post on Roll Call or anything)

(Also $89 for 12 hour Berlin, and $80 for Stockholm)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used TJ this past August (our 2nd visit to St Petersburg) and took their 2 day tour + we also let them arrange for our evening visit to the ballet. We cannot say enough wonderful things about the TJ folks. But the good news for cruisers is that they have a choice of several highly recommended companies in SPB. One nice thing about dealing with TJ is that they were very responsive to our questions and we did not have to form our own group. We simply chose our tour and they did the rest. We ended up with a group of 10...and they gave us a nice new mini bus that had enough seats for 20 (lots of extra room). For the ballet, they took care of the tickets and sent a driver to pick us up at 7pm (we were the only customers).

Hank

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi all,

Traveling to St. Petersburg in July on the Serenade of the Seas. Wondering if anyone has done either the SPB Highlights Tour or TJ Travel Standard Tour? I know both tour companies get rave reviews so I think I can't go wrong with either one. Just wondering about these particular tours?

Thanks,

CG

We used TJ and did the standard tour on our Konigsdam cruise May 27-8, 2017. They were great in getting us in to the palaces and churches and to the head of the line and in picking us up where the larger buses could not go. The city was very crowded for the Birthday of St. Petersburg that weekend, so the standard tour was fine with us.--- people who took ship's tours often had worse scheduling than we did. Our guide, victoria, even procured a wheelchair with light colored wheels so my husband would not miss the Catherine Palace. I also toured the Faberge Museum at night and was picked up by a driver who stopped at the TJ office to get my translator and to pick up a visa for my husband because the customs agent did not give his back when we returned to the ship from the day tour!!! Can't say enough good about TJ, Victoria and Vladimir.

We used TJ and did the standard tour on our Konigsdam cruise May 27-8, 2017. They were great in getting us in to the palaces and churches and to the head of the line and in picking us up where the larger buses could not go. The city was very crowded for the Birthday of St. Petersburg that weekend, so the standard tour was fine with us.--- people who took ship's tours often had worse scheduling than we did. Our guide, victoria, even procured a wheelchair with light colored wheels so my husband would not miss the Catherine Palace. I also toured the Faberge Museum at night and was picked up by a driver who stopped at the TJ office to get my translator and to pick up a visa for my husband because the customs agent did not give his back when we returned to the ship from the day tour!!! Can't say enough good about TJ, Victoria and Vladimir.

We used TJ Travel last year in St. Petersburg for a private 2 day tour and were very happy. good luck!