2 night cruise - should I be cautious?

cruisenovice7350

Hi

I have been looking at a 2 night cruise for half term. It would be my fourth cruise but my sisters first. My previous cruises have been 7 or 12 nights and I had heard that the 2 night cruises can come with a booze cruise warning.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly received as I don't want to put my sister off cruising!

Thanks!

I have been on a few and would suggest that although they are not quite the same they are not normally over run with people going over the top.

You might witness a group of ladies wearing a sash or something like that. I also encountered about fifteen ladies emerging from a cabin who simply asked me to take a group photo. They were well mannered.

Regards John

We have done several 2 night cruises. Definitely a party atmosphere - you will notice a difference having done longer ones. depends what you are after, if you want to dance the night away in the disco you will have plenty of company. :)

Having done a 2 nighter when there were many stag and hen parties on board, I can agree it will have a party atmosphere. One bit of advice, if you want to eat in a specialty restaurant, book in advance, if you want to eat at a specific time, chose fixed time dining because Freedom dining on a 2 night sailing is a disaster with wait times of 45 mins to 1 hour. Also there will be a Black Tie event and it will be strictly enforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having previously cruised with Cunard and Celebrity, we fancied a world segment on P&O and thought we'd try a 2-nighter first (Friday-Sunday). We became hooked. It is definitely a party atmosphere; we danced all night, both nights (!) and enjoyed watching the 'stags' and 'hens' having a terrific time. The black tie night was well-attended and everyone looked fantastic. Doing a 2-nighter didn't put us off. Following this, we enjoyed a superb world segment cruise and have done 10+ P&O cruises since, on 5 different ships; just Oceana and Oriana left. Go with the flow, enjoy the atmosphere and have fun.

Thank you for the feedback. We are mid thirties so could still party the night away with the rest of the ship! Is there anything else different regarding arrangements such as embarkation times, cps parking, when the formal night would be that I need to consider? Sorry about all the questions!

the 3 2 nights we have done have all had the black tie on the first night. CPS is park yourself on 2 nights. If Bruges, there is no duty free and shops and photos have 20% on top of price thats shown. Book dining venue such as sindu in advance. Most importantly - have lots of fun!

Thank you for the feedback. We are mid thirties so could still party the night away with the rest of the ship! Is there anything else different regarding arrangements such as embarkation times, cps parking, when the formal night would be that I need to consider? Sorry about all the questions!
On our 2 night the formal night was the 2nd and last night. Embarkation times will be staggered and so you may find you are allocated as late as 15:30. You can turn up earlier but may be asked to wait and they will check you in as soon as possible. Turn up at your allocated time and you should be checked without waiting.