Crown D732

CruisinPoodle

It is true that D732 was originally a handicap access cabin but the current deckplan states that it has a "full bath with combination tub and shower;" I think this description can be trusted.

I just checked on the cruisedeckplans site and it shows a picture of a tub.

Interesting that they would go to the expense of removing the original configuration. The old one was just fine.

We had one of these cabins (not on the Crown) and loved it.

OP: the bathroom is nothing to be afraid of. If the handicap configuration is still there, it's great. The shower is ginormous.

Hawaii%20one%20032_zpshevvjirm.jpg

D732 on the Crown was never a handicap cabin; it is the same as it always was with a tub and shower. Same for the Emerald and Ruby.

D732 on earlier ships (Caribbean, Star, Golden and Grand) is a non-standard cabin, and they are still in the original layout with a roll-in shower, and two lower beds that do not easily convert to Queen (have to turn beds sideways and partially block the access to the sitting area and balcony).

D736 on Sapphire and Diamond are the same, as are the opposite side rooms D733/D737 on the appropriate ships.

Apparently these were intended to be HA cabins, but the doorway was too narrow as was the turning radius of the floor space, so they remained 'standard' cabins until the plans were updated with the build of the Crown.

All such cabins on the deck plans are correctly marked with a black asterisk, denoting shower only and non-converting twins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=210997&d=1319976573

Edited by cherylandtk

Thank you for clearing that up, cherylandtk. I really appreciate it. I can see why there was confusion and conflicting reports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As cherylandtk correctly posted, Princess finally changed the design of the last mini on each side of Dolphin deck to a standard cabin on the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby. That is good because those cabins have huge double sized balconies with aft as well as side views. Those balconies are even larger than those of the last mini on either side of Emerald deck below and we have enjoyed the size of one of those balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums