Carnival Pride vs Carnival Glory

Thehyperfisherman

hello all,

Were looking into booming a cruise and we narrowed ot down to 2 options. Carnival glory - hmc, puerto rico, st thomas, grand turk and wed have to fly to miami.

Or carnival pride- grand turk, hmc ,

Freeport. Baltimore is a drive for us. Both areon the same deal and about the same price so for us it comes down to the ship. Has anyone sailed both ships abd preferred one over the other. Been on the pride and the legend and really like the layouts of the spirit class ships.

Please let me know your thoughts!

These are the exact two ships and itineraries that we were going back and forth between. Ultimately we chose the Pride as we have sailed her before and LOVED IT. Could not find anything negative to say about out vacation. We drive in from Toronto to Baltimore. Doing it again in October and repeating the itinerary as well.

We also like the spirit class much better than the Glory layout. On certain floors you can't go from one end to another but go up or down and than back up or down which can be very confusing. Glory's layout is the least liked of all my cruises.

My husband and I were on the Pride in September and just got back from the Glory about 2 weeks ago. Same itineraries as the ones you are choosing between. We are also driving distance from Baltimore.

While the glory was nice, we kept comparing it to the Pride and it came up short every time. The main pool area on the Glory seemed cramped and we didn't love the tiered decking for lounge chairs. The Serenity area on Pride is much larger/nicer too.

We found the layout of the Glory much harder to navigate. It was almost as if they had tucked things away and you had to search for them. It is very easy to find your way around on the Pride. I know it's not a big deal to most but we also much preferred the decor on the Pride.

As others have said, the Itinerary on the Glory offers more than the Pride. We really enjoyed San Juan and Amber Cove. St. Thomas and GT were okay but we had been there before. I would love to see the Pride sail to some different ports.

There seemed to be many more daytime activities on the Pride although that may have been due to the CD/activities staff on the ship at the time.

Food/service was pretty similar and good overall. The one exception is the Alchemy Bar. On the Pride we went every night before dinner and it was such a unique experience. On the Glory we only went once or twice as it was just another bartender making just another drink not at all like the service we had with Gabriel on the Pride.

We sailed in an extended balcony, deck 7 aft on the Pride and did notice a fair amount of vibration. Nothing we couldn't sleep through but we did feel it. On the Glory, we were in an interior on deck 2 mid. This may be my new favorite cabin type. Nice and dark! We slept so well!

Personally, I would chose the Pride. In fact, we are booked for our next cruise on her in May! I'm sure you'll have a great vacation on whichever ship you sail.

Haven't been on Pride, but there was nothing off putting about Glory that I would think an older smaller Pride would do better, in a sense that I'd take Pride over it. Glory has a better itinerary.

I think it comes down to your vacation preference. If you prefer sea days and staying on the ship, go with Pride if it's cheaper/easier to get to. If you prefer the extra port day and maybe even want to extend your vacation in Miami a day or two, Glory is a no brainer.

We just did Glory in October, on this itinerary and it was outstanding. Plus, consider that Glory is just coming out of dry dock so it'll be even more upgraded and refurbished.

You have two questions to answer - How much do you wish to avoid paying for air to Miami and secondly are you content with the Pride itinerary which is understandably mostly sea-days . When are you looking to cruise ? If it's soon and the idea is to leave the cold , Baltimore is no Miami . :D

If you decide on the Pride , you should arrange a stay N park hotel deal . So worth it . When we did it the total was about the cost of parking alone and we really enjoyed the evening in Baltimore. Plus an early morning drive from Connecticut is no way to start a cruise.