Budapest

Pather

Hi. I posted a question about Budapest hotels recently. I got good responses but I can't find them. Wondering what hotel to book the night before an AMAwaterways cruise. Responses told me where the ship would be docked and what hotels are near there. I can't remember if people suggested staying near there or somewhere more interesting and taxi to dock. Thanks.

A slightly quirky hotel is Art'Otel. It's directly across the river from the Parliament Building near to the Chain Bridge. It's about 30% cheaper than places like the Intercontinental. We went when it was fairly new but I see it's still getting very good reviews on Trip Adviser.

There is incidentally a cooperative system operated by Budapest hotels to bring guests to and from the Airport. Basically you go to a desk in Arrivals and they provide a minibus which drops the occupants off at their hotel. You are to have more than four different hotels on any one run.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We stayed at the Aria a few months ago and it was amazing! Pricey but we will definitely return.

For value, we liked Marriott Millenium and we walked to our AMA cruise. Docking locations can and do change, though, as on our AMA cruise last fall the boat was docked a fair distance from this area.

I stayed at the Sofitel Chain Bridge - moderately priced and very well located. I would stay there again. Intercontinental is across the street. Lots of river cruisers stay there.

Roz

In May we are staying at the La Prima Fashion hotel. A couple of street from the river. It's a boutique hotel 80 rooms, and has gotten rave reviews on TripAdvisor and cruise critic. Cost is reasonable included breakfast. :)

We stayed at the Sofitel and with the great exchange rate it was only a little over $100US. It's close to where the boats are and near everything. You can walk everywhere or take the subway/trams from here.

We loved Budapest and if you can give yourself extra days as you too will see how wonderful the city is on both sides of the river.

• 2 weeks later...

We also stayed at La Prima fashion hotel in Budapest. It was great! A perfect location. Right at the prime pedestrian shopping area on a quiet side street, and a few steps from a wonderful Hungarian restaurant. It's called the 100-year old restaurant and on the same block as the hotel. Fabulous food and friendly waiters happy to share their Hungarian specialties, including the palinka!

Hi. I posted a question about Budapest hotels recently. I got good responses but I can't find them. Wondering what hotel to book the night before an AMAwaterways cruise. Responses told me where the ship would be docked and what hotels are near there. I can't remember if people suggested staying near there or somewhere more interesting and taxi to dock. Thanks.

Howdy there Pather,

LoneStarCruisinCouple here,

While in Budapest we stayed at The Four Seasons Gresham Palace Hotel. Not only rated by TripAdvisor as the number One Hotel in Budapest but also rated as The Most Luxurious hotel in Europe and number three in All The World.

Yes pricey in comparison to some of the other hotel that are mentioned but hey after all you are on vacation.

Is located at the beginning of The Chain Bridge and what a view that one has.

We were at the end of our cruise with Scenic and they were docked on the opposite side from The Parliament Building and oh what a view we had on the evening that we were still on the ship as we were in one of The Royal Panorama Suites on The Jasper and just simply breathtaking.

One thing that I would highly recommend if you want to go to an amazing restaurant make reservations at The Fisherman's Bastion.

Is located up on Castle Hill next to The Coronation Cathedral and in the evening as the lights of the city are coming on it looks as if you have a Fairyland at your feet.

I also booked a Horse and Carriage ride to and from the restaurant from our hotel. Just an Amazing Evening.

Wishing You Smooth Sailings and a Marvelous Time.

Best Wishes

Lisa and Gary

LoneStarCruisinCouple

We made reservations at the Fisherman's Bastion Resturant. If you go to their on line site, they have the menu in English, and the prices in Euros. I contacted the Sofitel where we are staying about a ride with a horse and carriage. The quoted me $275.00 US for up and back and the wait time. The taxi at $10 US, each way, seems like a more reasonable option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm looking forward to our booking at MS MARIBELLE hotel, parked across from the Parliament Bldgs. We have 5 nites there, 2 in Eger, & then 2 at the Hilton before our Gate1 cruise. Will write a review soon after arriving as I don't see much info about this "on the river" hotel, but it must be a great view.