future cruise certificate questions

NJsharon

We are due to sail on 3/27/16. If we purchase a FCC on board, how long do we have to book?

DH said he saw 4/30/16? Which doesn't make sense to me!

Thinking to buy a FCC on the ship, but might not book until later this year & cruise in 2017. Is that possible?

Sorry I did go to the website & searched for "future cruise" and "future cruise certificate" & nothing popped up! So thanks!

You're welcome. The NCL web site isn't the most user friendly. I typed in the old name "cruise rewards" to get it.

We were told four years from purchase, but if you call before expiration they would offer an extension. Allegedly they don't want you to lose out on your purchase.

They do not care what happens to your purchase, they just want to get you onboard to spend a lot more money.

My brother gave me his FCC to use on my next NCL cruise.

Do I need to change the name on the certificate or it doesn't matter?

The paper you have is just a receipt of the certificate, the actual certificate is just ones and zeros attached to your brother's Latitudes account. So in order to actually transfer the certificate to you, he needs to contact NCL and have your Latitudes number at hand.

Also for booking onboard and getting the extra perk (Cruisenext Ultimate) you can't use an existing certificate, after the cruise on which the certificate has been purchased you can use it to book new cruises through any NCL agent (direct or a TA).

More info (and the link to T&C at the end of the page): https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

Edited by Demonyte

The paper you have is just a receipt of the certificate, the actual certificate is just ones and zeros attached to your brother's Latitudes account. So in order to actually transfer the certificate to you, he needs to contact NCL and have your Latitudes number at hand.

Also for booking onboard and getting the extra perk (Cruisenext Ultimate) you can't use an existing certificate, after the cruise on which the certificate has been purchased you can use it to book new cruises through any NCL agent (direct or a TA).

More info (and the link to T&C at the end of the page): https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

Thank you so much!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You buy the deposit on board, so you will be charged in USD ($250 per deposit, minus the OBC) along with whatever you purchase on board during the cruise. But they will appear in your MyNCL account in the currency of that current cruise (so CAD in your case).

• 2 weeks later...