REVIEW OF FANTASIA 17th DEC FROM DUBAI

suron

Have just had my review published for our cruise on Fantasia on 17th Dec. It is rather long but I hope will be of interest/help to others. Although we did hit a few problems overall we enjoyed the cruise, great value for money,the ship is great and we have not been put off MSC. The review can be found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=562076

Regards

Suron (Suzanne, Bristol,UK)

Thanks for the very useful review. From your experience, what are the times to AVOID the buffet due to overcrowding? I guess the earlier the better, on port days for breakfast? Although we're doing a Med cruise at Easter, so maybe the demographic and therefore the times people eat, will vary..

It's nice to read a positive review every now and then. All those negative reviews by people who joined CC a few days before so they could post their one sour grapes blast at a ship and its staff really turn me off. A real cruiser can always have a bad experience but will judge his comments based on many cruises, lines, and ships.

Thanks for the very useful review. From your experience, what are the times to AVOID the buffet due to overcrowding? I guess the earlier the better, on port days for breakfast? Although we're doing a Med cruise at Easter, so maybe the demographic and therefore the times people eat, will vary..

As I said in my review we opted to have breakfast in a leisurely setting in the Red Velvet Restaurant due to the crowds in the Buffet. Lunchtime was not so bad in the Buffet as people ate at different times and often people were out on tours so if you were on board there were less people to contend with. Sea days were hectic so it is best to judge the crowds and take it from there.

Hope you have a good cruise.

Suzanne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Suzanne, just read your post about Fantastica/msc/Dubai.

It was very helpful indeed. We are interested in the safari on Sir Bani Yas. Went to book quite a long time ago, but was sadly sold out or had to book once on board, cant quite remember. Since then my daughter has announced she is newly pregnant. We was wondering in your opinion, was it a bumpy ride or is there a road you drive across ? Obviously her safty is most important, but would also like to see the animals.

Thank you

Angela

It was very helpful indeed. We are interested in the safari on Sir Bani Yas. Went to book quite a long time ago, but was sadly sold out or had to book once on board, cant quite remember. Since then my daughter has announced she is newly pregnant. We was wondering in your opinion, was it a bumpy ride or is there a road you drive across ? Obviously her safty is most important, but would also like to see the animals.

Thank you

Angela

This was answered on your own thread by Suzanne - here's a copy of her response:

I included Sir Bani Yas Island in my review (see link mentioned in post #2). The jeep safari was in a most comfortable vehicle and it was not at all a bumpy ride.

We were lucky to be able to get to the island but the cruise following ours was unable to get ashore due to high winds and rather choppy waters which would have made it difficult for the tender boats to operate. Hope this will not be the case for you as you would be missing a wonderful experience.

Good luck with your plans.

Suzanne

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52143583&postcount=4

Thank you

Angela

The jeep safari was not a bumpy ride - well made up roads and an excellent driver. hope you can make a decision

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, just wondering if you know of any hotels in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Kuwait, Bahrain or sir bani yas island that do pool days or lunches for cruise customers? Would really appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cannot be of much help I am afraid other than the Emirates Palace Hotel where you can have lunch or afternoon tea - the latter I did and it was awesome. Just go to their website for information. Dubai - you can get day passes to The Atlantis on The Palm to use all the hotel facilities and for an extra fee you can also swim with the dolphins there. Have not been to Kuwait or Bahrain and on Sir Bani Yas Island you can only take excursions booked via MSC.

Suzanne

• 3 weeks later...

A very interesting read, we have recently come back of divina, which looking on you tube is pretty identical, are there other places you can eat without paying for i.e. Sports bar? Is there an adult only pool? And outside smoking area? As on divina it was by the adult only pool which was quite hectic on time, hope you don't mind the questions. Many thanks lynne :D.

Have just had my review published for our cruise on Fantasia on 17th Dec. It is rather long but I hope will be of interest/help to others. Although we did hit a few problems overall we enjoyed the cruise, great value for money,the ship is great and we have not been put off MSC. The review can be found at:

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=562076

Regards

Suron (Suzanne, Bristol,UK)