NCL Sun 11/19/16 Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina, 14 days, "around the horn"

skierjj

Rustynees, the Torres Del Paine National Park excursion at Punta Arenas port, provided by NCL was $1124 per person. Ouch. I just checked the NCL website, it now posts the price of $1199 per person. I purchased this excursion months ahead and paid it off before we went.

I still think it was worth it, but that was by far our most expensive excursion ever. The landscapes were worth it to me. Breathing the fresh air, seeing the wildlife; it was all great.d910297faa0aa68f2e0a6d0364ef87e7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My daughter works on the Sun--joined August in Alaska--her six months are up Feb22. She has commented on how beautiful SA is and loves "cruising" the coast of Brazil...

That's great. Glad she is enjoying the adventure. We board on Saturday - so excited. :D

Thanks for your comments.

As I said "the best part on the Sun is her crew". Love and thanks to all the workers who helped us enjoy our cruise so much!💕 (What does your daughter do on the Sun?

I have found some of the pics from Mike's camera that I want to add; stay tuned.

Joyce

No, you "surrender" them once on board. Don't worry they will keep them safe until you arrive in Argentina.

Or if you are going the other direction, ( Buenos Aires to Santiago),I'm not sure how they do it.

P.S. I don't know the reason that they do this.

Joyce

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
Love the review! We are going on the reverse itinerary in Jan 19. I have read several reviews of the Montevideo tour and BBQ; I think that I am going to have to convince our group to book that one!

Hi this excursion was a private tour set up by our cruise critic meet and greet crew. (They set up several private excursions throughout the cruise, she posted at end of this review #113 above, cruise critic name: ISLABONITA). Maybe she can give you the information.

Our driver that day was Hebert and he was great...the first half of the day, he showed us highlights of Montevideo, we had a short time to see cathedral and shop, then he took us to his own house for a great uruaquay BBQ. His own wife and daughters helped cook and serve. We felt like family! All of the famous meat that this part of the world is known for.

Hope you get to enjoy it all.

Will the ship be the Sun in January 2019?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for taking the time to write your review , i really enjoyed it and the photo`s are fantastic x

Thanks June 123. I love going back and reminiscing about our South America trip. It was a bucket list cruise for us and we are so glad we went!

Sent from my iPad using Forums