WiFi

babs135

We will be on the Queen Elizabeth Southampton to San Francisco in January 2018. As gold tier members I know we are entitled to free wifi but will it be just the one block of 2 hours each or will we get more?

We will be on the Queen Elizabeth Southampton to San Francisco in January 2018. As gold tier members I know we are entitled to free wifi but will it be just the one block of 2 hours each or will we get more?

It all depends if it is classed as 2 legs....1 to FL and FL to SF. ...

I am on the same voyage. I can only find a Roll call for the full World Cruise. Perhaps we need to start a new one?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It all depends if it is classed as 2 legs....1 to FL and FL to SF. ...

I am on the same voyage. I can only find a Roll call for the full World Cruise. Perhaps we need to start a new one?

It might well be a case of having to wait until we are on board and then asking. I'm hoping it's going to be the 2 legs because I don't want to carry my laptop with me at every port of call. Whilst not that big it gets heavy after a while and I'd rather spend my time exploring than having to look for somewhere with internet connection. And for those who say why bother, 5 weeks away (we have time in SF at the end of the cruise) without contact with family is too long.

Re the roll call: I said hi and asked a couple of questions but nearly two pages later I'm still waiting for a response!! I can find answers to my questions, but I was hoping for personal observations. Roll calls can really be a case of 'hit and miss'. There's a long thread about them on the Ask A Cruise Question forum.

It might well be a case of having to wait until we are on board and then asking. I'm hoping it's going to be the 2 legs because I don't want to carry my laptop with me at every port of call. Whilst not that big it gets heavy after a while and I'd rather spend my time exploring than having to look for somewhere with internet connection. And for those who say why bother, 5 weeks away (we have time in SF at the end of the cruise) without contact with family is too long.

Re the roll call: I said hi and asked a couple of questions but nearly two pages later I'm still waiting for a response!! I can find answers to my questions, but I was hoping for personal observations. Roll calls can really be a case of 'hit and miss'. There's a long thread about them on the Ask A Cruise Question forum.

You will have to treat yourself to a tablet or I pad!!...save lugging a laptop.

Re the roll call....most of the discussion seems to be for after we have left.

I am doing the last segment on Queen Mary 2 soon and there is a separate roll call for this which is very active..

Another vote for buying a tablet! We purchased one specifically for holidays and cruises or if we are away for a couple of days. Ideal for checking emails and looking at the news headlines, and that's all I want to do on a cruise!

Much lighter and handier IMO!

We did that same voyage in 2014 and we were allocated 2 lots of Internet time each which worked really well as it was enough for emails and some browsing each. It helps to compose emails off line and then cut and paste when online. Saves loads of time. (The voyage was classed as two segments and we are also gold members.)

Just got off QE in Japan and the Internet speed seemed much better than previously - it has improved fortunately.

Last year we did S'ton to LA on QV and this was definitely classed as 2 legs for the internet. Even better, any unused minutes could be carried over.

Good news! I will be platinum by then so should have 8 hours 😊

Good news! I will be platinum by then so should have 8 hours 😊

I think you might find that Platinum is only 4 hours.:( Diamond is 8 hours.