Dancing - QE Canary Islands Celebration Cruise

aussiebossyboots

I came across some sample Daily Programmes and noticed that the dancing starts at 7.45pm.

As we have a late dinner booked (8.30pm) can Hubby and I have a bit of a dance before dinner? We are not really into pre dinner drinks (may be 1) but like a wine at dinner time. So I think the pre dinner time might be best used to practice our dancing (hoping to have lessons on board).

Your comments are appreciated.

While there are some sequence dances where you change partners most of the you dance with your own partner the whole time.

It is just a sequence of steps that are repeated over and over. Everybody on the floor should :D be doing the same steps at the same time. So if you have half an idea of what you are doing you can follow the couple in front to keep you right.

There have been sequence lessons on some cruises but not all.

Colin.

Should have mentioned, the DJs are usually eager to please and responsive to requests during the dance sets if hubby has any preferences, not at all like the Orchestra. 7.45 to 8.30, plenty of time to get to dinner.

I would say rather more than half for sequence dancing, you can look at the next couple to see what figure you should be doing, but if you don't already know the figures, you'll never catch up.

Live music in the Yacht Club is the Caribbean band, who I think are much under-appreciated. If the room is full of drunks they quickly degenerate to 30 minute Caribbean mish-mash but when given some encouragement, can do very decent contemporary Latin, other music as well- there's quite a few theme sets.

DJs vary in quality. One, as hard as he tried, his last gig had been an English holiday resort on Corfu and had no guidance when he came on board, some bright light in Southampton thought that's fine for a Cunard gig.