Noise in rooms under Windjammer?

Hi All,

Just booked Brilliance of the Seas and I have never been on this class of ship before and now realized that our rooms are directly under the Windjammer.

We booked the last 3 Junior Suites available so cannot change our rooms. Anyone have any experience with these rooms?

I have 2 newbie couples coming with us so I am hoping it will not effect us too much.

Thanks Wonderful Cruise Critic peoples for you info in advance:D

If you are at the very aft you may hear chairs pushing in and out from under the tables. On the sides we have been disturbed by a slamming door until late and again in the a.m. However overall all there is little noise and we like the area of cabins. Unless you are really light sleepers you will be fine. I am more disturbed by neighbors down the hall who slam doors at all hours. I now use a sound machine to drown out such things and sleep great on a ship.

We have heard noises from the WJ on the aft - they clean the outside eating areas, moving tables and chairs so that the floor can be power washed. It can be irritating early in the morning. The best place would be on deck 9 - having a floor between you and the WJ.

We have been under the Windjammer twice in a JS and never heard anything. We did however, smell bacon cooking when returning from a very light night of dancing! :D

I was in 1100 on Serenade last year, and heard the scraping of chairs from the outdoor seating area above.

It wasn't that bad, really. At night, there was no noise at all.

Then, this year, I was in 1584. THAT was a different story.

Rolling carts, day and night, starting sometimes at 4 AM, going on until 10 or 11 at night.

Plus, that particular cabin seems to have a pipe in the wall that is attached to a sink from the kitchen above. When they would clean or drain the sink, it would sound like a raging river.

We made the best of it, but when we booked this last cruise, we also booked the Jewel for this October.

We have the same cabin, but on the other side. (We chose it for the shallower overhang) By the time I stayed in 1584, it was too late to change to another JS. They were all booked up.

So I am prepared! :eek::D

It's all good!

Hi All,

Just booked Brilliance of the Seas and I have never been on this class of ship before and now realized that our rooms are directly under the Windjammer.

We booked the last 3 Junior Suites available so cannot change our rooms. Anyone have any experience with these rooms?

I have 2 newbie couples coming with us so I am hoping it will not effect us too much.

Big mistake unless you are deaf and the newbies may not cruise again.

You will hear noises all through the night and early morning hours. We experienced this a few years ago. It was so bad that RCCL comped us on our next cruise. It's a shame they haven't fixed this problem.

Hi All,

Yes, there is noise especially if you are below one of the WJ dish stations. You will hear the cart the employees use to move dishes from the tables to the station. :)

You will Definitely hear noise from above, especially from around 4am when they start to prepare the WJ for breakfast, ie Footsteps(Big Ones) and Rolling Carts/trolleys.

Edited by TOM CRUIZES