Serenity pool on Britannia

cruise saint

We are on Britannia in September for our honeymoon. My wife-to-be likes the look of Serenity and I was wondering how easy it is to get sunbeds there. We're early risers so getting there early shouldn't be a problem. Can anyone tell me roughly how many sunbeds there are at the Serenity and if arriving by 8.30am would be likely to secure as two?

I should also point out that this is our first ever cruise so apologies if this is a daft question.

We are on Britannia in September for our honeymoon. My wife-to-be likes the look of Serenity and I was wondering how easy it is to get sunbeds there. We're early risers so getting there early shouldn't be a problem. Can anyone tell me roughly how many sunbeds there are at the Serenity and if arriving by 8.30am would be likely to secure as two?

I should also point out that this is our first ever cruise so apologies if this is a daft question.

Hi Cruise saint

It obviously depends on how many other cruisers wish to sunbath in the same area.

These pics although not mine are available on the web via flicker courtesy of Joan Waller Page 2 shows serenity. I am sure you should enjoy Britannia, In my opinion It is one of the better P&O Ships for quality of food served, but there again we are all different.

Edited by Pennbank

Hello Cruise Saint,

The Serenity area is lovely & peaceful.

I would say at 8.30am you should be able to get a couple of sunbeds together without any major issues.

I hope the photos (which I took) give you some idea of what to expect & am glad that someone has already kindly shared these for you.

When do you sail? We're on Britannia on 3rd Sept so might see you on board.

Have a great 'Wedding Day' & a fantastic 'Honeymoon'.

If you have any other questions please ask away.

Joan

Hello Cruise Saint,

I would say at 8.30am you should be able to get a couple of sunbeds together without any major issues.

I hope the photos (which I took) give you some idea of what to expect & am glad that someone has already kindly shared these for you.

Joan

Joan Those are excellent photos you have kindly shared on Flickr

Thank you

We tended to wander into the area at about 9.30am and could never find a bed.

But then we used to wander around the whole ship at that time and couldn't find a bed anywhere due to the bed-hoggers - people who saved two beds each, one in the sun and one in the shade!

Hello Cruise Saint,

Joan

Thanks to all for the replies which I found very helpful. Joan the photos are fantastic and we are indeed on the same cruise as you on 3 September. Hope to see you aboard.

We sailed twice on the Britannia last year and although we had a balcony we did go up on deck sunbathing. We could always find some sunbeds free. There are lots of little areas if you have a good look round. We found the Serenity pool to be very windy.

Thanks to all for the replies which I found very helpful. Joan the photos are fantastic and we are indeed on the same cruise as you on 3 September. Hope to see you aboard.

Hello,

Glad you found the photos useful; I do like to take the one or couple of hundred.

So looking forward to the cruise which we've booked to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary :)

Would be good to have a meet up on board.

Joan