Excursion Credit Questions once onboard

hpecorari

Has anyone who had the shore excursion credit already sailed and use it?

I just booked a few excursion for my upcoming cruise over the phone. I received a confirmation via e-mail....which lists the full price of the excursion for the two of us.

Once on board....How does that work?

When we check-in do I tell them we have a $75.00 cruise excursion credit? Do they apply the full amount to one account or split it between the two of us since we are each using our own credit card?

I'd guess they'd minus the full cost that's on my confirmation with the $75.00 credit.

I'm just not sure if I get the $75.00 credit on my account or it it's split between the two accounts that will be in that cabin.

I just want to make sure everything is done correctly because I've asked 3 different people this question when I made my excursion reservations and got 3 different answers. That's why I'm looking to hear from someone who has already sailed and used their excursion credit.

Thanks!

Harriet

You will have your excursion confirmations for you when you arrive in your cabin. Since the reception desk will be packed with questions by other passengers, wait till the evening when things slow done and get a print out of your charges. This will show if they applied your credit to your account. You could also call them and have a print out and they will bring it to your cabin later.

You will have your excursion confirmations for you when you arrive in your cabin. Since the reception desk will be packed with questions by other passengers, wait till the evening when things slow done and get a print out of your charges. This will show if they applied your credit to your account. You could also call them and have a print out and they will bring it to your cabin later.

But how does this work? Is the $75.00 split between the two of us like our OBC is or is it only on one of our accounts. How was yours done?

Harriet

I have it as well, and haven't used it yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they applied it first to the primary account, and then carried any extra to a second account.

I too am curious about this! I already book excursions in 2 ports and still have to pick something in another, but I am wondering how it works since I was required to prepay the booked excursions. I have a $125 obc and the $75 per port ex. Plus I prepared my tips. Am I going to get everything credited back to my card at the end? Seems to be a bit twisted with prepaying and credits, etc.... The reception desk is gonna be busy!

Hope someone travels soon to help answer these questions [emoji6]

We don't sail until Dec. 19th

Sharon

We are just off a cruise where we had the shoreex credit promotion.

Once you have completed the excursion each port day, shoreex will credit your account for that day upto $75.

So, you have to complete the excursion

They credit each day, so it is not one lump sum

Each day you will get up to $75 credit. If you spend less than $75, you get that lesser amount

I too am curious about this! I already book excursions in 2 ports and still have to pick something in another, but I am wondering how it works since I was required to prepay the booked excursions. I have a $125 obc and the $75 per port ex. Plus I prepared my tips. Am I going to get everything credited back to my card at the end? Seems to be a bit twisted with prepaying and credits, etc.... The reception desk is gonna be busy!

Hope someone travels soon to help answer these questions [emoji6]

We don't sail until Dec. 19th

Sharon

I cruise on the 18th of this month and called to book my excursions. I didn't have to prepay for anything over the phone.

Harriet

Once you have completed the excursion each port day, shoreex will credit your account for that day upto $75.

Each day you will get up to $75 credit. If you spend less than $75, you get that lesser amount

Were you traveling by yourself or with your SO and both on the same credit card for payment? I'm traveling with my SIL and am not sure who will get that $75.00 credit since it says 'per stateroom'. Usually, I pay for my excursions and she pays for hers. Or, I'll put both excursions on my card one day and she'll put the next 2 on on her card the next day.

Harriet

You can also contact the Excursion dept with NCL. When they book for you, they apply the credit right then. Just make sure you do it within the 90 window

That's who I called to book the three different excursions. 3 phone calls and they all told me something different.

One said they will fix it when I check in

One said go to guest services and they will fix it.

One said to go to the excursion desk and they will fix it.

None knew if the $75.00 perk was divided between the two of our accounts or put on one account.

Meanwhile, my excursion amenity reservations list that was e-mailed to me shows all three excursions...

and the full price for all of them.....they all show payment due.

Basically, I know as much now as I did before calling three times and booking 3 times.....Nothing!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

That's who I called to book the three different excursions. 3 phone calls and they all told me something different.

One said they will fix it when I check in

One said go to guest services and they will fix it.

One said to go to the excursion desk and they will fix it.

None knew if the $75.00 perk was divided between the two of our accounts or put on one account.

Meanwhile, my excursion amenity reservations list that was e-mailed to me shows all three excursions...

and the full price for all of them.....they all show payment due.

Basically, I know as much now as I did before calling three times and booking 3 times.....Nothing!

Harriet

I guess we got lucky then. Called once (1.866.625.1167) told what we wanted, excursion added and we paid the difference after credit added.

Sorry your not having any luck. Did you book thru them? If so, contact your PCC. They have always been helpful for us.

Edited by pooh/tigger

I guess we got lucky then. Called once (1.866.625.1167) told what we wanted, excursion added and we paid the difference after credit added.

Sorry your not having any luck. Did you book thru them? If so, contact your PCC. They have always been helpful for us.

I called that number above. They told me not to worry about the fees on my confirmation and that once on board I don't have to do anything as they will split the costs between both of us as they will split the $75.00 shore excursion per day between the both of us.

So...now that's another reply different than the 3 others I got. LOL

We'll see what happens a day after I'm onboard as I'll simply ask to see my bill folder.

Harriet

Thanks BirdTravels! Sounds like instead of a bill at the end of my cruise, I'll get a refund [emoji12]

Thanks BirdTravels! Sounds like instead of a bill at the end of my cruise, I'll get a refund [emoji12]

With the shore excursion credit it's the excursion credit per day there is a port. If you use less you lose the rest. If you spend more you pay the difference.

If you don't use it at all...you lose it for that day.

Harriet

Could one of you just pay and then have the other one pay you back? That seems to be the easiest.

For instance you go on an excursion for $100 pp totaling $200. You then subtract the $75 making it $125. Divided in half and your SIL would owe you $62.5. Add all those totals up at the end and have her write a check for whatever amount it comes to. That really seems like it would be the easiest.

Edited by theriac

Or once you add the totals at the end of the cruise you and your SIL can go to GS and have them charge her card toward your account for her portion of the excursion bill. It really shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out.

Or once you add the totals at the end of the cruise you and your SIL can go to GS and have them charge her card toward your account for her portion of the excursion bill. It really shouldn't be too difficult to figure it out.

We will figure it out. I just didn't know if anyone who has already done this had any experience to share. We both have about $150 OBC so of course we would like to use that as well. As I said above, we will figure it out and I'm sure it will all work out just fine 😀

Harriet