Oceania's mini bar prices?

Flossieuk

Can anyone tell me the cost of minibar spirits this year on Oceania cruise ships and the size of these bottles?

We are considering buying a bottle of gin from their Bon Voyage Gift site before we go but at $100 wonder if we would be better off just using the mini bar for our evening gin & tonic in the cabin? Its a 12 night cruise in August.

Its been a few years since we last cruised but I vaguely remember the minitures/tots being larger than the British miniture bottle of 5cl?

Hmm, I've never looked at that list before, but I'll take a case of Balvenie 21 year old Single Malt at $125 a bottle. Somehow doubt I could get that though. Retail price is from $180 to $240 for 750 ml.

Sorry I don't know the miniature prices. I'm not even sure they have them anymore. I always take my own, which is what I would recommend for you.

How about this statement;

" six complimentary 12-ounce soft drink cans are included. "

Well duh!

There was no alcohol in our mini bar on either of our Riviera cruises - just soft drinks and water. Does Oceania even have a mini bar list?

I would buy my own bottle before boarding the ship (or in one of the ports) for use in my stateroom. Oceania does not have a problem with this (unlike most other cruise lines).

Edited by Travelcat2

The mini bar set up is no longer

if you are in a TOP suite you will get the 6 bottle package included

Just take a bottle of your favourite spirits for in cabin use, pay as you go

or buy the Drink package

Flossieuk, if I were you I'd pick up a bottle of gin at duty free, or on the plane on the way out and use that. You'll get complimentary tonic in the cabin fridge and a bucketful of ice replenished twice a day. If you prefer you can pack a bottle in your case. There's no problem about taking a bottle of spirits or wine on board.

No mini bar now, that came as a bit of a shock!

I'm glad that I have been forwarned by you all and can now take necessary procedures before boarding. Thank you all for your feedback. This has been my first experience of using Cruise Critic and it has proved very helpful.

Cheers