What do I need to book early?

LissyTx

Going on the Fantasy in a few months and my 90 window is fast approaching.

Which things should I book online as soon as I am allowed? (Like what sells/books first?)

Thanks!

Adult dining (Palo and/or Remy - brunch and/or dinner)

Nursery hours (if needed).

Spa (if you're into that)

Any excursions you specifically want to be sure you get.

I'm having a hard time finding info on the DCL site about their Nursery.

We will be on the Fantasy and my daughter will be almost 3 (like 2 weeks shy of 3).

Will the nursery be totally boring or do they have things for this age? If boring, do they let them move up to the kids club if she's potty trained?

Regarding the Bibbidi Boutique - I cannot find a minimum age limit. Does anyone know?

I want to have all my ducks in a row so I know what I want to reserve when bookings open. We are paid in full.

Thanks!!!

I'm having a hard time finding info on the DCL site about their Nursery.

We will be on the Fantasy and my daughter will be almost 3 (like 2 weeks shy of 3).

Will the nursery be totally boring or do they have things for this age? If boring, do they let them move up to the kids club if she's potty trained?

Regarding the Bibbidi Boutique - I cannot find a minimum age limit. Does anyone know?

I want to have all my ducks in a row so I know what I want to reserve when bookings open. We are paid in full.

Thanks!!!

Yes, they have activities for the Nursery kids. And, I believe, occasionally a princess (or character) may drop by for a visit.

She won't be allowed to participate in Oceaneer's Club/Lab until she's 3, regardless of potty-training. But you can take her there during the Open House hours to check it out.

This is from the DCL website regarding the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique:

All packages below take approximately 45 minutes to apply, are designed for Guests ages 3 to 12

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

(Click on the "show more" link under the "Disney Princess and Knight Packages" section)

Yes, they have activities for the Nursery kids. And, I believe, occasionally a princess (or character) may drop by for a visit.

She won't be allowed to participate in Oceaneer's Club/Lab until she's 3, regardless of potty-training. But you can take her there during the Open House hours to check it out.

This is from the DCL website regarding the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique:

All packages below take approximately 45 minutes to apply, are designed for Guests ages 3 to 12

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique/

(Click on the "show more" link under the "Disney Princess and Knight Packages" section)

Thank you, appreciate it!

Also, as of June 7, you can now reserve Character breakfast and meet and greet tickets on line.

This is something new as before it was something you had to do when you boarded if you were not Concierge.

Look out for them too if that is something that would interest you.

ex techie

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/06/dcl-offering-advanced-reservations-for-character-breakfast-and-meet-greets/

Also, as of June 7, you can now reserve Character breakfast and meet and greet tickets on line.

This is something new as before it was something you had to do when you boarded if you were not Concierge.

Look out for them too if that is something that would interest you.

ex techie

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/06/dcl-offering-advanced-reservations-for-character-breakfast-and-meet-greets/

That is awesome to know, thank you!!

Adult dining (Palo and/or Remy - brunch and/or dinner)

Nursery hours (if needed).

Spa (if you're into that)

Any excursions you specifically want to be sure you get.

Shmoo, how hard is it to book the nursery once onboard? Does it fill up quickly?

One of our granddaughters turns two just before we sail and we're not too sure about how she'll handle things. She's pretty laid back and we think she'd love most of the offerings we plan to do with her older sister, but we don't want to push her beyond her limits. Is it difficult to book a nursery spot at the last minute, or the day of?

Shmoo, how hard is it to book the nursery once onboard? Does it fill up quickly?

One of our granddaughters turns two just before we sail and we're not too sure about how she'll handle things. She's pretty laid back and we think she'd love most of the offerings we plan to do with her older sister, but we don't want to push her beyond her limits. Is it difficult to book a nursery spot at the last minute, or the day of?

Everyone who has a child that qualifies for the nursery can book a maximum number of hours pre-cruise (how many depends on the length of the cruise).

Once onboard, subject to availability, you can book additional time.

You can cancel a reservation up to 4 hours beforehand with no penalty. Cancelling within 4 hours will be a 50% charge for the time.

There's typically not much problem getting additional hours once onboard, but, during peak times (dinner/show) they can be difficult.

Everyone who has a child that qualifies for the nursery can book a maximum number of hours pre-cruise (how many depends on the length of the cruise).

Once onboard, subject to availability, you can book additional time.

You can cancel a reservation up to 4 hours beforehand with no penalty. Cancelling within 4 hours will be a 50% charge for the time.

There's typically not much problem getting additional hours once onboard, but, during peak times (dinner/show) they can be difficult.

Thanks Shmoo! That sounds like it'll work fine for us. :)

The nursery personnel try to be extremely flexible concerning changing hours, etc. You may think you know in advance when you'll want the services, but things have a way of changing once on board!

You'll be able to book additional hours on day 2 on a "space available" basis. Booking on line and on day 1 is limited to make sure that everyone who wants it gets some time before anyone can grab a whole lot!

Booking meet and greets in advance had only been around a couple of weeks, so I don't think anyone has reported back how it went or if they filled the spaces. My guess is that bookings won't fill in advance and that there will be availability on day 1 to book...at least on the longer cruises. 3 nights on the Dream....dream on.

The nursery personnel try to be extremely flexible concerning changing hours' date=' etc. You may think you know in advance when you'll want the services, but things have a way of changing once on board!

You'll be able to book additional hours on day 2 on a "space available" basis. Booking on line and on day 1 is limited to make sure that everyone who wants it gets some time before anyone can grab a whole lot!

Booking meet and greets in advance had only been around a couple of weeks, so I don't think anyone has reported back how it went or if they filled the spaces. My guess is that bookings won't fill in advance and that there will be availability on day 1 to book...at least on the longer cruises. 3 nights on the Dream....dream on.[/quote']

Thanks moki'smommy. Yes, things do have a way of changing once onboard, especially with the Littles who can be quite unpredictable. :)

Does anyone know if this will be an issue for first time cruisers? I'm a bit worried that all the tickets will be gone by the time our booking window opens and we'll miss these M&G sessions ...

I think from what I've read currently everyone has been able to book on to these. They had multiple slots of multiple days available so I don't think you will have a problem but its hard to tell. AS we've only had about 2 weeks of them now until they are a bit further along I guess we wont know. Sorry I can't be more precise perhaps others can?

Exactly. I never heard any complaints about the onboard booking when the cruise was longer than 4 nights.

My guess is that if people are being denied tickets, we'll hear about it soon. Since on line booking has only been live for a couple weeks, most of the people booking have not cruised yet.

On our most recent cruise, the meet and greets were available on 3 sea days and there was sufficient time for everyone who wanted one to get a slot.

Okay, thanks! From what I've read it does seem to be that they try to have enough M&G times to accommodate everyone. I'm just nervous that we'll miss out with the policy change. We aren't sailing until next year so I'm sure I will hear more about it as time goes by :)

Okay, thanks! From what I've read it does seem to be that they try to have enough M&G times to accommodate everyone. I'm just nervous that we'll miss out with the policy change. We aren't sailing until next year so I'm sure I will hear more about it as time goes by :)

I would be surprised if it did get to this stage. As with specialty dining currently they keep some reservations back so people can book once onboard (or at least this is what I've always been told). I have a feeling if it did become an issue with the character bookings they would do the same thing.

I would be surprised if it did get to this stage. As with specialty dining currently they keep some reservations back so people can book once onboard (or at least this is what I've always been told). I have a feeling if it did become an issue with the character bookings they would do the same thing.

That's good to know. It's definitely more convenient to be able to book ahead of time so I think it's a great thing that they're doing. I certainly would prefer to do that rather than spend time waiting in line for tickets when I get on board!

Yes, they definitely hold back a large number of Palo bookings to be booked on board. In addition, the concierge "holds" enough Palo bookings for every concierge adult to have one. If not taken by concierge guests, these revert to the general population on day 2 of the cruise.

While I have no proof, I'm sure the concierge also continues to hold the meet and greet reservations for those guests. I know this was the policy before the on line booking. So again, worst case is that there may be something available on day 2. And I'm with you--I suspect that DCL does not make all the reservations available on line.

But what is good about the on line system, in addition to no need to stand in line, is that you have a choice of date and time. With the "stand in line" system, you were given the next available slot with no choice unless you protested with a reason that the time offered would not work.

But what is good about the on line system' date=' in addition to no need to stand in line, is that you have a choice of date and time. With the "stand in line" system, you were given the next available slot with no choice unless you protested with a reason that the time offered would not work.[/quote']

Agreed! Last year on the WBTA I was given all 3 meet and greets on the same day which when you have 14 days seems a bit of an overdose to me! Would have much rathered them on different days so I could space them out.

Well, I have a long way to go until I'll be able to book anything in advance. If it all works out then it sounds fantastic. I guess we'll see if anyone else posts their experience as a new cruiser who is the last to be able to book ...