Castaway Cay questions

sargeswife

Can you bring a deflated float to castaway cay? I figured I would pack a few for my family and blow them up at the beach to use, then deflate when leaving.

Thanks in advance.

From the DCL website:

Items prohibited on board ship and on Castaway Cay.

Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

So, no.

well you didnt hear it from me BUT yes I have brought on an inflatable mat (one of the cheapy 5.00 ones from walmart) and used in in the ports. Never has anyone said anything to me. Its new in the package in my checked luggage when i bored the ship. I bring it out deflated when i get off the ship, inflate it at the beach, deflate it when i leave before i get back on the ship.

well you didnt hear it from me BUT yes I have brought on an inflatable mat (one of the cheapy 5.00 ones from walmart) and used in in the ports. Never has anyone said anything to me. Its new in the package in my checked luggage when i bored the ship. I bring it out deflated when i get off the ship, inflate it at the beach, deflate it when i leave before i get back on the ship.

It's not prohibited to use it in other ports, just Castaway Cay and onboard.

Yes, people have done it on Castaway Cay, but it's still on the prohibited list. Personal responsibility is what counts.

Disney employees already have a full time job collecting all the inflatable tubes and floating mats the the wind blows to the sea wall when the tourist just leave them in the water. Its the ocean, not a swimming pool. Thats why they have the rules. If everyone did it it would make a bigger mess of things. Thy have plenty of life vests which are safer for little ones. And you can rent their mats which are durable.

Disney employees already have a full time job collecting all the inflatable tubes and floating mats the the wind blows to the sea wall when the tourist just leave them in the water. Its the ocean, not a swimming pool. Thats why they have the rules. If everyone did it it would make a bigger mess of things. Thy have plenty of life vests which are safer for little ones. And you can rent their mats which are durable.

Absolutely agree 100% with the above.

A $5 float is not suitable for the ocean.

Foam filled mats that are durable, and heavy duty rings are exactly why DCL do not sell self inflatable ones in their stores aboard or ashore.

ex techie

Waste the space in my luggage...how much space does one take up...its the size of a small file folder when deflated. All what energy? takes 2 mins to inflate a small float lol. I have taken one once and it was great to use...used it over half a dozen times in ports over 2 weeks. I always take back to back cruises and I ALWAYS take home what I took to the beach. I am a scuba diver and I love the ocean (so much so that I dont even eat seafood) so the float isnt left in the ocean but rather taken home with me. To each their own I suppose :cool:

This

Absolutely agree 100% with the above.

A $5 float is not suitable for the ocean.

Foam filled mats that are durable, and heavy duty rings are exactly why DCL do not sell self inflatable ones in their stores aboard or ashore.

ex techie

And this