Private Island Cabanas

LissyTx

Hello!

Can someone point me to where on DCL's website they give info on the Private Cabanas on their private island?

I'm not sure what's included or how much they cost.

Thanks!

Melissa

Hello!

Can someone point me to where on DCL's website they give info on the Private Cabanas on their private island?

I'm not sure what's included or how much they cost.

Thanks!

Melissa

Here's the information I've put together from various sources (I've not been able to find anyplace on the DCL website that actually spells this out):

CABANAS (12/18/14 price w/Bahamas 7.5% VAT)

Family beach: $549 $590.18 (Sep-Mar) $599 $643.93 (Apr-Sept)

Cabana #21 $ 899 $966.43

Serenity Bay: $399 $428.93

Effective 4/22/16-9/24/16

Family beach: $599 (with VAT $643.95)

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person (plus VAT) up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

Includes: 8/10/2014

Each cabana is furnished with comfortable seating,

a beverage refrigerator,

safe,

ceiling fan,

plush towels and

sunscreen.

Outside on the patio, luxurious chaise lounge chairs,

a freshwater shower,

hammock and

sailcloth shade.

Fresh fruit and snacks are included

along with complimentary bottled water and soft drinks.

Dedicated beverage service is provided and

alcoholic beverage packages are available for purchase onboard at an additional cost.

Additionally, each cabana includes use of snorkeling equipment,

floats,

sand toys (family beach), and

one hour of bike rental.

Private cabana beach.

Coppertone SPF products;

selection of magazines.

I visited Castaway Cay about 15 times before the cabanas existed. You don't need one. Yes, they provide some nice extras and there will always be people willing to pay for the level of privacy and service that comes with a cabana. But it is not necessary for a wonderful day.

Wow....I can think of A LOT to do with that much money, all the while, sitting on a beautiful beach, under a lovely shade tree!

It's not that much money for some people. If it fits in the holiday budget, who cares? Perhaps they are compromising in another area to get a cabana. It's their life and their money.

It's not that much money for some people. If it fits in the holiday budget, who cares? Perhaps they are compromising in another area to get a cabana. It's their life and their money.

Totally agree!

The question was not is a Cabana worth the money!

ex techie

Dedicated beverage service is provided ....

Great synopsis.

Although, I would strike this above quote from the list. IME.

Unless you count the Fridge beverages. lol.

You don't have a cabana host constantly running between huts ordering and delivering drinks, as you would think/expect/understand every 30 minutes unfortunately.

They try, but it isn't what you image in reality.

That is the advantage of the lower # Cabanas on the Family Beach.

Closer to the bar. :D

Bar/waiter/concierge service is a more random event. fwiw.

You do have an occasional waiter or concierge perusing the beach.

That is your beach service. And it varies a lot on the day / staff.

If in the #1 - #7 units you could walk the 100/500 feet to the Bar and serve yourself, faster, often.

Not sure > #7 .

Which was usually required and completely acceptable as a thirsty guest :)

Of course this is what I heard. ;)

ETA; Family Beach Cabanas have music piped in with a volume knob. Yes, it can be muted. Not at SB Cabanas.

Refrigerated moist hand towels too.

Edited by bear3412

Hello!

Can someone point me to where on DCL's website they give info on the Private Cabanas on their private island? ....

My apologies. No one addressed your question directly.

DCL doesn't place any info or links on their site about their Cabanas on the private island Castaway Cay.

Most feel they don't due to the fact that only a few are ever able to reserve one.

The Cabanas on Castaway Cay are assigned/booked in advance depending on $$$$, then seniority. :rolleyes:

Concierge guests get first dibs, then Platinum, then Gold, then Silver, then newbies.

Each has different # of days they can book in advance.

Concierge 125 days, Platinum 120 days, Gold member 105, Silver 90, then first timers at 75 days prior to sail.

Totally fixed system as usual.

My apologies.

HTH

ETA; You want a Cabana? Book concierge.

Edited by bear3412

DCL Castaway Cay Cabana videos;

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=castaway+cay+cabana

Still adding to the list;

Changing area with curtain. lol (a tiny corner with a curtain. laughable perk)

Outdoor fresh water shower. Huge (IOW a great perk)

Most love the safe perk. Never used it. Left all kinds of valuables laying about, never a problem.

Guess I shouldn't have said that, oh well. lol

You can close the doors and windows and have a totally private enclave if desired too.

New bathrooms are outside what #9/10/11. Very helpful for those around the corner.

Enjoy

Edited by bear3412

You don't have a cabana host constantly running between huts ordering and delivering drinks, as you would think/expect/understand every 30 minutes unfortunately.

They try, but it isn't what you image in reality.

In the case of Serenity Bay they don't even try. We've yet to have a host stop by and ask if we needed or wanted anything. In fact, we've yet to have a host come when we've pressed the call button. That's why we always just reserve #22 so the walk to the bar, bathroom and buffet are shortest.

In the case of Serenity Bay they don't even try. We've yet to have a host stop by and ask if we needed or wanted anything. In fact, we've yet to have a host come when we've pressed the call button. That's why we always just reserve #22 so the walk to the bar, bathroom and buffet are shortest.

I've reserved a cabana three times now on Serenity Bay, most recently last week, and always had a host who worked very hard to accommodate us. If we wanted something from the bar, he had somebody sent over. Until 3:00, as we found out. In our most recent trip, cabana #22 was never occupied and the people in cabana #24 couldn't have been there longer than 3 hours, so we almost had a dedicated host. We stayed until the last possible minute and were pleasantly surprised when he drove us al the way back to the ship (not something that is guaranteed).

I've reserved a cabana three times now on Serenity Bay, most recently last week, and always had a host who worked very hard to accommodate us.

You've been lucky then. In 3 years we've had a cabana three times and other friends have had one once. Every time we, and they, pressed the button to try and get the host's attention the host never showed up and they wound up walking. Perhaps Disney has retrained the hosts in the past couple of years, or you got hosts that actually did all of the job description. Go figure.

You've been lucky then. In 3 years we've had a cabana three times and other friends have had one once. Every time we, and they, pressed the button to try and get the host's attention the host never showed up and they wound up walking. Perhaps Disney has retrained the hosts in the past couple of years, or you got hosts that actually did all of the job description. Go figure.

I do know that the hosts we had also work concierge on the ship, if that makes a difference.

I do know that the hosts we had also work concierge on the ship, if that makes a difference.

That's the Family Beach. The Serenity Bay hosts seem to be some random person plucked from the ship. We've never had the same one twice, and never saw them other than on the island.

Early on, the concierge staff did not function as the cabana hosts. There used to be a lot of threads on tipping of the cabana hosts--how much, how to do it, etc. The concierge staff used to almost have a day off on Castaway day as most of their guests were on the island.

Fast forward to placing the concierge staff on the island as cabana hosts--I wonder how this impacts the tipping since many of the cabana guests are concierge guests. Just my curiosity.

This is the first post I've seen with concerns about the cabana hosts not answering the bell. Very interesting. The typical gripe is that they aren't allowed to fetch lunch and serve it to you in your cabana.

This is the first post I've seen with concerns about the cabana hosts not answering the bell. Very interesting. The typical gripe is that they aren't allowed to fetch lunch and serve it to you in your cabana.

Now that's funny, although that sense of entitlement doesn't surprise me. DO they expect to be fanned with huge feathery things too? :p

Since we're not concierge, we did tip since he really went out of his way for us. It seemed to be the right thing to do. Even if he didn't bring us lunch and feed us.

I'm still unclear. I know two of the Concierge hosts work the family beach cabanas, and have for quite a while. Does the third host work the Serenity Bay cabanas? I can't see that being the case, because at least one host needs to be on the boat for those Concierge guests who don't go ashore.

Edited by OfficerKrupke

I would not enjoy the island without a cabana. Every cruse since day 1 we have rented one and they are very nice with some nice perks and most importantly some privacy. Worth every penny. Cabana 18 is our favorite. I have a $2 bill buried there for future generations...

I would not enjoy the island without a cabana. Every cruse since day 1 we have rented one and they are very nice with some nice perks and most importantly some privacy. Worth every penny. Cabana 18 is our favorite. I have a $2 bill buried there for future generations...

I'm glad you enjoy the cabana. We found a rather private little corner of the beach that we used before any cabanas were built and continue to use. It's not obvious, and we really do enjoy that there aren't a bunch of people around. Yes, a bit of privacy is nice.

I'm still unclear. I know two of the Concierge hosts work the family beach cabanas, and have for quite a while. Does the third host work the Serenity Bay cabanas? I can't see that being the case, because at least one host needs to be on the boat for those Concierge guests who don't go ashore.

The host at serenity bay when we were there was not a concierge host from the ship but rather another CM given that duty for the day. He was quite hard to find the couple times we went looking or called.

Now that's funny, although that sense of entitlement doesn't surprise me. DO they expect to be fanned with huge feathery things too? :p

Well, now that you mention it, I *would* pay even more for that service! :D

I'm glad you enjoy the cabana. We found a rather private little corner of the beach that we used before any cabanas were built and continue to use. It's not obvious' date=' and we really do enjoy that there aren't a bunch of people around. Yes, a bit of privacy is nice.[/quote']

Nice! Don't ever tell anyone where it is! LOL

As a side note, Cabana 18, if you're talking about Serenity Bay, is now Cabana 22. It's our favorite too.