Dining together

Cruz4Sun

Hello,

This will be my first Disney cruise. DH and I in one cabin, daughter and grandkids in another and other set of grandparents in a third cabin. We each booked our cruise separately with a Big Box travel site. Can someone advise how we can get seating together arrranged prior to the cruise?

Thank you!

Hello,

This will be my first Disney cruise. DH and I in one cabin, daughter and grandkids in another and other set of grandparents in a third cabin. We each booked our cruise separately with a Big Box travel site. Can someone advise how we can get seating together arrranged prior to the cruise?

Thank you!

Yes, ask your TA to call or contact DCL to link your reservations.

ex techie

Thank you for such a prompt response!

No worries! Glad to help.

It will also enable you to book any shore excursions together, additionally if anyone in your party has sailed before at an earlier date (as long as that person with Silver status is part of the group doing the excursion) Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!

ex techie

No worries! Glad to help.

It will also enable you to book any shore excursions together, additionally if anyone in your party has sailed before at an earlier date (as long as that person with Silver status is part of the group doing the excursion) Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong!

ex techie

I have all the reservation numbers and have linked them in my on-line disney reservation. I will give Disney a call about the dining reservations.

This is the first Disney cruise for all of us. Really hoping we can get the shore excursions we want and that my daughter and her DH can get Palo reservations for a very special treat.

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

I called Disney after linking our reservation and they have added a request to our booking that we will be together at a table for 8. This sounds pretty promising.

Can anyone tell me if we have the early dining time can we get expedited dinner for the little ones, then have the kids counselors come and pick them up while the adults finish their dinner? I saw this as an option for the late seating and hope it is available earlier as well.

Thanks!

The Kids Club will not be open during that time. The reason for the option in late dining is because the kids club is open.

Not really true. The kids club is always open during dinner times. The CM pickup only happens at the late dinner seating. Your kids can get their meals fast, but you have to take them to the club during early seating.

So even if our reservations are linked online we still have to call and request a table together?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, as long as your reservations are linked you will be seated together. It's worth a call to DCL to confirm that your reservations are linked, however.

The Kids Club will not be open during that time. The reason for the option in late dining is because the kids club is open.

Completely wrong. The kid programming on DCL does not close at meal times (as it does on some other lines).

Dine and Play, where the CMs come to the dining room and pick up the kids, is available only at late seating. However, parents have been doing the same thing at early seating since 1998. Ask your server to expedite the kid's dinners. Then, when they are finished, (typically just before the adult entrees are served), one parent can take them to the programming and sign them in. Even including a bathroom stop, this is a 5 minute task. The parent then returns and finishes dinner.

DCL has 2 types of "links." One means that you can see each other's reservations, make reservations for each other, etc. A CM called that "fully linked." The other type is also called "cross referenced for dining" and means only that you are seated together. Neither allows you to make reservations before the opening date for the highest level person in each cabin. The only way that is possible is for a concierge booking where the concierge will make the reservation for a lower CC tier cabin who is accompanying the concierge guest on that activity.

If your reservations are linked in either way, you will be seated together. However, if you booked separately it is a good idea to have the TA call to be sure they are linked (and do it at that time if they are not.)

Edited by moki'smommy

ok, so I have question hope someone can help.. I have early dining reservations. Another party has just booked and late is all that is available. We want to be linked together but will the move us to late then or any possibility of them being added to early with us? Any help appreciated. :)

ok, so I have question hope someone can help.. I have early dining reservations. Another party has just booked and late is all that is available. We want to be linked together but will the move us to late then or any possibility of them being added to early with us? Any help appreciated. :)

They need to have the request to be moved to early seating added to their reservation. And be sure that both reservations are linked. It's best to call DCL to confirm this.

Technically, they have late seating and you have early, but linking both (even with the discrepancy) can help. Typically, it can happen.