Wine & Soda

bettyboop16

From Carnival..

For safety reasons, guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception: At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may carry on in their hand luggage, one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person. A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar.

Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

We are taking a Carnival Cruise soon. If you want to bring a bottle of wine or can soda on the ship you pack it in your carry on luggage & not your checked luggage....Is this correct? :)

That's right - put the wine in your carry on. Which is tricky if you fly, because the airlines require wine to be in a checked bag only. Don't forget to move the wine to the carry on before you board or Carnival will seize your vino.

The Carnival website should have details of their alcohol policy.

Wine MUST be brought on board in your carry on! If not it will be removed from your luggage and you won't get it back until the last night. A custom's agent will look at the top of the bottle to make sure the bottle is sealed and unopened. My wine bottle top is at the top of my carry on so they just look at the top, don't take it out of my 'bag'.

If you want to bring soda that is ok, a 12 pack per person, but it MUST be I cans, not bottles.

Again, carry this on if you want to make sure it doesn't get lost on its way to your cabin if checked.

That's right - put the wine in your carry on. Which is tricky if you fly, because the airlines require wine to be in a checked bag only. Don't forget to move the wine to the carry on before you board or Carnival will seize your vino.

The Carnival website should have details of their alcohol policy.

We don't have to fly for this cruise!!! I was asking for some newbies that are traveling with us. :)

We don't have to fly for this cruise!!! I was asking for some newbies that are traveling with us. :)

This is our first cruise without flying. :) Looking forward to getting dropped off at the SF cruise terminal.

Wine MUST be brought on board in your carry on! If not it will be removed from your luggage and you won't get it back until the last night. A custom's agent will look at the top of the bottle to make sure the bottle is sealed and unopened. My wine bottle top is at the top of my carry on so they just look at the top, don't take it out of my 'bag'.

If you want to bring soda that is ok, a 12 pack per person, but it MUST be I cans, not bottles.

Again, carry this on if you want to make sure it doesn't get lost on its way to your cabin if checked.

Good information except for the US Customs agent comment. The security guards checking luggage and operating the security scanners are employed by a private company.

Every cruiser gets a chance to visit with Customs at the end of the trip versus the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums