BVE Tour

BerthaButt

Pretty standard orientation in most cases. Theater, atrium, maybe a cabin, MDR, pool deck.

Depending on the guide, if you are not a passenger they may request you stay with the group.

I'm trying to decide if we want to do the organized tour with our friends or just see the ship and eat on our own. Can anyone tell me what you do and see on the organized ship tour?

Thanks

I'm trying to decide if we want to do the organized tour with our friends or just see the ship and eat on our own. Can anyone tell me what you do and see on the organized ship tour?

Thanks

If you are referring to the UST, it is an amazing experience. It takes between 3 to 3 1/2 hours and is limited to the number of people on it. You register at the pursers desk and you'll be notified when it is. It is always held on one of the sea days. If there are more people registered than they can take, they have drawing to pick the participants.

I saw the medical center, laundry room (the big one), all areas of the kitchen, where we had a snack and had an ice carving demo; the anchor room; back stage at the theater and downstairs where we saw the costumes and props; the main room where the controls,computers, maps,etc.for the ship are kept, and it doesn't even have a window; the printing room, where all of the notices, memos, Patters, etc are printed; we climbed into the stacks and the went to the Bridge, where the Captain greeted us and gave us a tour of the Bridge. We share champaign and some other cocktails and amazing hors' d'oeuvres. We spent quite a bit of time up there. I'm fairly sure we saw other things but it's late and my mind stopped working. We received several gifts, including a wonderful, fluffy robe, personalized stationary, an apron and 8 awesome photos that were taken during our tour.

Well worth the $150.00.

The BVE is not that exciting and you can tour it yourself. Have a nice lunch with your friends.

Maureen

Edited by jrzebird

If you are referring to the UST, it is an amazing experience.

The BVE is not that exciting and you can tour it yourself. Have a nice lunch with your friends.

OP is referring to the BVE tour and the UST would not be possible for them and friends.

If the OP is familiar with Princess ships, the OP can show the friends around more efficiently than if taking the BVE tour.

If you are referring to the UST, it is an amazing experience. It takes between 3 to 3 1/2 hours and is limited to the number of people on it. You register at the pursers desk and you'll be notified when it is. It is always held on one of the sea days. If there are more people registered than they can take, they have drawing to pick the participants.

I saw the medical center, laundry room (the big one), all areas of the kitchen, where we had a snack and had an ice carving demo; the anchor room; back stage at the theater and downstairs where we saw the costumes and props; the main room where the controls,computers, maps,etc.for the ship are kept, and it doesn't even have a window; the printing room, where all of the notices, memos, Patters, etc are printed; we climbed into the stacks and the went to the Bridge, where the Captain greeted us and gave us a tour of the Bridge. We share champaign and some other cocktails and amazing hors' d'oeuvres. We spent quite a bit of time up there. I'm fairly sure we saw other things but it's late and my mind stopped working. We received several gifts, including a wonderful, fluffy robe, personalized stationary, an apron and 8 awesome photos that were taken during our tour.

Well worth the $150.00.

Maureen

Wrong tour. :o

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We did this in Houston with friends in March to get them to see what Princess was like and the lady had no problem with us wanting to go on our own. She said the tour was only about 45 min and we ran into them a few times while showing our friends the ship. :)

Thank you for your replies. My husband and I are passengers on that sailing. We are trying to get our friends to do a cruise with us in the future, so we thought the BVE would be a push in the right direction. It sounds like showing them around on our own will be much for fun. Thanks again.

Thank you for your replies. My husband and I are passengers on that sailing. We are trying to get our friends to do a cruise with us in the future, so we thought the BVE would be a push in the right direction. It sounds like showing them around on our own will be much for fun. Thanks again.

Yep, definitely walk around on your own. That way you can stay as long as you want in each area and decide exactly what you want to do. BVE's are fun. Hopefully, your friends will get the bug and cruise with you in the future.

Yep, definitely walk around on your own. That way you can stay as long as you want in each area and decide exactly what you want to do. BVE's are fun. Hopefully, your friends will get the bug and cruise with you in the future.

I agree, go at your own pace. Especially if you already know your way around. ;)