All Aboard Time

jormot

New to Princess and have a quick question. When reviewing patters from the same itinerary I am on it shows all aboard time is an hour before departure. The last cruise we were on had a 1/2 prior to departure all aboard time. Is that set in stone or do you have until approx 1/2 before departure to board?

Usually the on board time on Princess is 30 minutes before scheduled departure if the ship is docked. In tender ports the last tender is about 60 minutes before sailing.

Be sure to check as you are leaving the ship. The on board time is always posted.

The quote that is in the Patter, (all aboard time) --------- Princess will sail for --------- shortly there after.

The itinerary times that you see on the website and in your booking are not always the same as the actual ship departure times. The ship seems to sail as soon as possible when they can.

The quote that is in the Patter, (all aboard time) --------- Princess will sail for --------- shortly there after.

The itinerary times that you see on the website and in your booking are not always the same as the actual ship departure times. The ship seems to sail as soon as possible when they can.

While it's not unusual for the ship to sail a little later, I've been on quite a few cruises when the ship sailed early.

Sometimes, sail time is determined by the harbormaster so even during a cruise, port times can change. Heck, I've had itinerary changes after sailing that weren't due to weather.

No matter what, whatever time the Patter says is the "all aboard" time, that's the LATEST you should be at the gangway. Always plan to be there half an hour earlier than the posted time. You have no control over weather, traffic, mechanical problems, etc. A now-deceased port lecturer said many years ago, "Be sure to bring a camera with you if you plan to be back at the all aboard time so you can take a photo of the ship sailing without you." Sure 'nuff, the next port (Barcelona), four passengers missed the ship and had to take the train and meet up with the ship in Cannes.

New to Princess and have a quick question. When reviewing patters from the same itinerary I am on it shows all aboard time is an hour before departure. The last cruise we were on had a 1/2 prior to departure all aboard time. Is that set in stone or do you have until approx 1/2 before departure to board?

And you can't necessarily go by what past sailings have done. And as others have said, sometimes the port times can change even after you book the cruise. It's happened to us a couple of times (one time the ship left an hour earlier and the other time an hour was added to the port time, but in that case, it was a skipped port due to high waves).

Always check a reliable watch (one with a timer, even better) against the ship's time before you leave. And bring the Patter with you so you can check the time listed and not depend on your memory nor on your camera (I've seen that idea before, but I would worry it would be the time my camera stops working).