Trouble contacting anyone at Windstar

smallshiprider

Apparently the phones at Windstar have been so busy last week that you can't reach anyone! They eventually tell you to leave a message and someone will call you. BUT THEY DON'T!! And I've done that three times!!! It must be very frustrating for people wanting to book cruises if they can't even contact anyone - and they are probably looking elsewhere.

No-one answers their email either (not even so-called Guest Relations)! I've been trying to find out if the Concierge Collection excursion I booked on the January 23rd sailing from Barbados is still on or has been cancelled. I received a final invoice which has it included, but my purchase summary on My Windstar doesn't have it included. Does anyone else know?

At this point, I guess we'll just have to wait until we board the ship to find out, and presumably our payment for this will be credited to our shipboard account.

Love travelling on Windstar ships (this will be our 5th) but their "customer service" is going down the drain!

I've had excursions cancelled that appeared on one document but not the other. It appears to have something to do with different systems for billing and booking but I've never had a problem with getting credits for cancelled excursions. The last trip in December I had to cancel a couple while onboard and added some to take their place with no problems on the final bill. Relax and enjoy the voyage. It's a wonderful itinerary. I imagine they'll get caught up soon. Besides the Pride rebooking, from what I've read, January is traditionally the heaviest booking month in the cruise business. A bad time to have to rebook a couple of thousand reservations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am not sure why this is an urgent matter; if it's cancelled, you will get your money refunded.

Yes, they are totally overwhelmed dealing with the other problem. It's the same as calling the airlines during a huge winter storm when thousands of flights have been cancelled.

Or my medical insurance company today!

I called today to talk about our shore excursions for our January 30 cruise and had no problem getting ahold of someone. He did tell me if you choose to cancel a shore excursion you have booked it must be done at least 24 hours ahead of time for a refund. We can't make up our minds so that was a good piece of advice I thought.

We booked a couple of excursions online for our cruise from Barbados in December. They never appeared on our online itinerary.

I called guest relations several times and was assured they were booked, but there was a problem with the system showing them. When we got onboard all was fine and our excursion tickets were waiting for us in our cabin.

I've been trying to get a credit for an overcharge since Jan. 6th. I started with a "shipboard credit" of over $ 2800.00 (I was on the starpride that got grounded) and had to re-book everything at the last minute. Several e-mails and phone calls not returned.

Terrible customer service, I don't care what the season or reason. Every customer should have their call or e-mail returned within a day or two at the most.

Their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced.

I must say, this was my first ever cruise and the booking agent informed me I was "setting the bar very high" Maybe we have different levels of luxury, but Windstar is not it!!!

I've been trying to get a credit for an overcharge since Jan. 6th. I started with a "shipboard credit" of over $ 2800.00 (I was on the starpride that got grounded) and had to re-book everything at the last minute. Several e-mails and phone calls not returned.

Terrible customer service, I don't care what the season or reason. Every customer should have their call or e-mail returned within a day or two at the most.

I must say, this was my first ever cruise and the booking agent informed me I was "setting the bar very high" Maybe we have different levels of luxury, but Windstar is not it!!!

Suggest you look at the thread about WS cancelling Pride sailings. The last post has email address for customer relations.

I also suggest reading the sticky at the top of the page.

Our situations sound similar, my details are on that thread, so just a nutshell here, instead of a refund they applied the entire amount of the "refund" to a less-expensive replacement cruise that I was trying to use my 50% "new booking" credit on, so I'm out the difference in fare plus the 50% credit.

Agreed. Try emailing jillian.wikstrom@windstarcruises.com. That is the only thing that has gotten a response for me.