4 person table?

chubby_faye

We have requested a 4 person table for our dining preference. This will be our 6th cruise and have either travelled with friends or had table mates. For this trip, we want it to be just us. Has anyone else requested this and got it? I'm just wanting to avoid standing in line to talk to the head maître. Thanks!

We have requested a 4 person table for our dining preference. This will be our 6th cruise and have either travelled with friends or had table mates. For this trip, we want it to be just us. Has anyone else requested this and got it? I'm just wanting to avoid standing in line to talk to the head maître. Thanks!

Generally it's best to make this type of request in advance, and not wait until onboard. Just have the request placed on your reservation.

Most such requests are honored. Sometimes not.

Yeah, well, the smallest table in the Main Dining rooms is a 4 top.

We were not aware of that, nor were we told that by DCL when we made our reservation and request. Every other cruise line we've cruised on has 2-tops in the MDRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by djhsolara

We've been on 4 DCL cruises as a family of 4, never requested a 4 top and have never had table mates, always had our own table.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were not aware of that, nor were we told that by DCL when we made our reservation and request. Every other cruise line we've cruised on has 2-tops in the MDRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, DCL does not have 2 tops. They will seat 2 people at a 4 top. It is much nicer than the 2 tops we've been at on some other lines, and there is more than 6 inches between the tables.

We've often put in a "just us" request. It has always been honored. However, we do go to the "Dining CHanges" area after boarding to be sure we have what we asked for and request to be changed at that time if it was not granted in advance.

We've always requested and always been granted our own table. I'm not paying thousands of dollars to make small talk with strangers.

That can go both ways.

On our recent Celebrity cruise, my wife and I opted for the flexible dining. We were always seated with two or three other couples, mostly from UK, Canada or the USA, at a 6 or 8 top. We had such a great time that dining with the

others was one of the highlights of our cruise.

That can go both ways.

On our recent Celebrity cruise, my wife and I opted for the flexible dining. We were always seated with two or three other couples, mostly from UK, Canada or the USA, at a 6 or 8 top. We had such a great time that dining with the

others was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Yeah, we've never requested our own table (on any cruise line). We love meeting others from other places. It's not that difficult to do "small talk", for us anyway, for such a short time.

If nothing else, we talk about what we did that day.

This is our first Disney cruise, but when we're cruising with our children or grandchildren we've always asked for a table just for our group. It's our favourite meet-up and share-the-day time.

When we cruise as a couple - never do anymore, since the lovely grandbabies - we enjoy a table shared with fellow travellers and have made some wonderful friends over dinner.

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I just booked our first Disney cruise. I see all the people talking about requesting certain seating arrangements for their meals. I am unsure how this is done other than in person when you board. Is it a phone call I need to make? Can someone clarify for me?

DH and I just booked our first Disney cruise. I see all the people talking about requesting certain seating arrangements for their meals. I am unsure how this is done other than in person when you board. Is it a phone call I need to make? Can someone clarify for me?

If you booked directly with Disney, then you can call them and have them put the request on your reservation. If you booked through a travel agency, then just ask your travel agent to put in the request.