Palma de Mallorca - Train and Guide

I'm guessing someone (maybe roger b.) will have the answer to this question. Is there such a thing as "warranty" or "guaranteed" seat tickets for the train from Palma to Soller? If so, does one buy them in advance or at the time one boards the train?

Also can anyone recommend a tour guide for a private tour for a party of 4?

Tickets can be purchased in advance ,but only in person I have a tour guide please write on shoeuk at hotmail.com so I can see what dates and plans you have.

I am on Riviera at the moment heading for Palma and home will try to respond asap.

I'm guessing someone (maybe roger b.) will have the answer to this question. Is there such a thing as "warranty" or "guaranteed" seat tickets for the train from Palma to Soller? If so, does one buy them in advance or at the time one boards the train?

Also can anyone recommend a tour guide for a private tour for a party of 4?

Very easy to DIY and no need for a guide. http://www.mallorca-now.com/palma-soller-train.html

roger b, ms kaufman, campolady, thank you for your replies and comments. The reason we want a guide (and driver) is that we want the driver to meet us in Soller to take us to Valledmossa for a visit and lunch and then back to the port. Think we can do this excursion in about a 4 - 5 hour time frame. Do any of you know of, or have info on, the so called "warranty seats" at 22,50 euros which guarantee seats on the train?

roger b, ms kaufman, campolady, thank you for your replies and comments. The reason we want a guide (and driver) is that we want the driver to meet us in Soller to take us to Valledmossa for a visit and lunch and then back to the port. Think we can do this excursion in about a 4 - 5 hour time frame. Do any of you know of, or have info on, the so called "warranty seats" at 22,50 euros which guarantee seats on the train?[/quote

Sounds like a great plan easily done but you will need somebody to secure the train tickets so a guide is the best option , I have just arranged the same Tour for another on CC , I can give you the name of a guide , but he will want a deposit.

Write on shoeuk at hotmail.com if you want further info.

We took the bus back from Soller for a couple of Euros with a stop in Valldemossa. Depending on how much time you spend in Valldemossa it could be a tight time frame. However, the train ride to Soller and the tram to the port is a big part of the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the cruise terminal is within 30 minutes walking distance to the town center of Palma de Mallorca? If so, is it an easy and safe walk?

We will be there in about 2 weeks on a Princess cruise stop and I am thinking of DIY. Just go to the town and do some shopping and check out local sights. Maybe do the HOHO bus. Also, anyone knows if the HOHO bus stop is close to the cruise terminal.

Thank you.