Great British Sailaway..which port?

lynnek

We sail on Britannia on sat 30th January and wondered if anyone has done the same cruise could they remember if there is still a Great British Sailaway and if so which port was it from? The reason for asking is we are trying to plan a surprise onboard and thought this would be a great opportunity.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from Azura the GBS was held in Antigua our second last port before Barbados where there were another three large ships in with us.

The last port was Grenada where we were the only ship in port.

There was a great atmosphere at the GBS and no we did not have The Music Man nor the Dambusters March.

The Entertainment Manager was Laura Bennison and if she made this change of day, she is to be applauded

Jeanlyon

During our GBS last week we were alongside Celebrity Eclipse and MienSchiff 3, the passengers on both ships were very happy to join in with our GBS plenty of waving and all ships even the German one had a horn sounding competition.

As I said earlier there was no Music Man nor the Dambusters March played.

Perhaps if we did a bit more flag waving in this country it may be in a better state than it is, we seem to have become very good at doing ourselves down.

Well I'm back from the Britannia cruise and I now know the answer was Grenada, the last port on this cruise. For anyone who misses this its a shame as everyone we saw seemed to really enjoy themselves. We had A Royal Caribbean ship docked next to us and they were joining in the waving and dancing from their deck. Singing Rule Britannia onboard Britannia brought tears to a few eyes. Such a patriotic Sailaway and I agree with the earlier post maybe we should do more flag waving!

Lynneck

It was I who posted that we should do a bit more flag waving, we always enjoy the Great British Sailaway, it is a bit of harmless fun in this modern world and for all those who dislike it I am quite happy to display my Scottishness and my Britishness if we are that bad a country why are so many trying to get here.

Long live Great Britain.