Papal Audience in July

lifeasme123

I looked at the Vatican's website and noticed that there have been no papal audience during the month of July for the past few years. Anyone familiar with Rome to know if this is this customary? We are looking at a Med cruise in July 2017 and planning to spend few days in Rome before the cruise. Just wondering if I need to adjust my schedule. This is on my bucket list. TIA.

Edited by jen70

The Pope goes on vacation in July and/or August...could be he isn't in the Vatican much during the hottest summer months.

I didn't realize July/Aug are the hottest summer months, :( Trying to work around days being out of school. Thanks for the info!

Our first trip to Italy was built around a papal audience as it, too, was on my bucket list. It was in Nov so the weather was beautiful. John Paul II was the reigning pope and the audience was held in the hall behind the Vatican which hold 8000 people. You could have heard a pin drop as he entered. It was a dream come true. I'm so glad I did it.

Our first trip to Italy was built around a papal audience as it, too, was on my bucket list. It was in Nov so the weather was beautiful. John Paul II was the reigning pope and the audience was held in the hall behind the Vatican which hold 8000 people. You could have heard a pin drop as he entered. It was a dream come true. I'm so glad I did it.

I got teary-eyed reading this. I loved John Paul II - the only Pope I knew up to that point in my life. I am glad you mentioned you visited in Nov. I am looking at a Med (italy/greece) Or (italy/spain/france) cruise in late Oct 2017. I know that no one can 100% predict the weather. I am trying to get a general idea what the weather is like in late Oct.

This trip will be a special trip for me - I am taking mom and one of her Church friends on this trip - to Rome and then over to Jerusalem before the cruise.

We were in Rome last July and were able to attend the Angelus (where the Pope comes to the window) It is not the same as a Papal Audience but it was absolutely amazing. It is held on Sundays at 12 in St Peter's Square.

I did not know about this! Thank you!