Photo package tip

eden6776

A simple tip...but for those not sure whether to get one of the pre-paid photo packages...get one!! The photos taken are lovely on board but the price on board is so much more. There is no deal on board that comes close to the pre-paid deals. On the next msc cruise i am definitely going for the 100 photo deal. The photo staff onboard told me that was a cracking deal!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I was wondering if it was real, as it seems too good to be true. It is a ship after all, where a person is used to paying high prices for stuff. 100 photos is a lot! Do they actually take 100 of you?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had the 100 photo package on my recent cruise, we were able to get way more than 100 photos taken - posing in front of different backgrounds, different photographers etc

We'd then get them all put behind the desk with our room number and towards the end of the cruise we went through the piles and piles of photos to choose the 100 we wanted. We asked if we could bend the rules slightly and were able to take them in to the wine bar next door as there were far too many and not enough space to look through them all in the photoshop

You can have any size or style. I now need to find an album large enough for the big ones!

One of the recent reviewers said she was told that she could not have pictures of others staying in a different cabin. We have 4 cabins booked for our upcoming cruise. We're all family so would like to have pictures of different groups (i.e. grandparents with grands, cousins, adult siblings, etc). Anyone have any issues doing something similar?

They are funny sized photos though...i'm struggling to find frames for the big ones. The quality of them is beautiful and it is such fun stopping to pose at the numerous photo backdrops! We noticed the photo staff gave out a free photo of the ship if you asked nicely for one. We got a voucher for two free photos from the dining room too. Old news for the experienced msc travellers, but hopefully helpful to a first timer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Hmmm didn't try anything like that, I can understand why MSC wouldn't want that to happen though

True. I can understand as well. It was mentioned on the boards before that this is an option with that package if you don't want to use all 100 photos. That is, until the review that I just mentioned.

Thanks for the info!

This is our first cruise so I'm still getting some of the details down. I see on the MSC page it mentions something about a studio portrait session if you purchase this package. Has anyone done this who could give me an idea of what to expect? About how long does the session take and how many photographs should we expect? Is this something you schedule once on board?

Hi Dinibo

The "studio portrait" refers to the photographers taking your picture against various backdrops dotted around the ship, it isn't an actual studio. The difference being these are photos you pose for, as opposed to the ones taken around the decks and on excursions / at dinner

Looking into the 100 cruise photo package and I noticed it is $98.00 per person. So if there are 4 of us on this cruise would we have to pay $98 x4 to get pictures will everyone in them?

From my understanding, only one person per cabin needs to purchase. If you are traveling with someone in the same cabin, it's included in the $98 price.

She is right, you only have to purchase one from each cabin. I called a few days ago and had this confirmed:) I am also going to buy this package, seems like a good deal!

Are those 100 photos both in print and digital format?

Are those 100 photos both in print and digital format?

Only prints, but I read you can ask for different sizes, you can duplicate, and change colors (sepia/black&white)

There's a $59 package where you get 10 prints & a disc, however I don't know if you get all the pics on the disc or just the 10

Hi there, this is a great thread and it has made me reconsider purchasing the photo package before sailing.

We sail on the Splendida in August and there is a £62 All inclusive Photo Package available on the MSC website, it does say it is £62 per person though.

Has anyone sailed and can confirm that price is per family?

Thank you!.