transportation question

akeasley

Hello,

My husband and I are taking our two small children on a cruise this November. We are planning on spending the night before the cruise in a hotel so we'll need transportation from the airport to hotel and then from hotel to the pier the next day. Would a hotel shuttle have car seats available for the kids to use? Does anyone know or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Shuttles are buses with NO seat belts, so car seats are not needed. The only other options: bring your car seats and take a cab, or hire a private car that could provide child seats....google "transportation options" for your port city!

Most folks without car seats will opt for the shuttle buses.

Shuttles are buses with NO seat belts, so car seats are not needed. The only other options: bring your car seats and take a cab, or hire a private car that could provide child seats....google "transportation options" for your port city!

Most folks without car seats will opt for the shuttle buses.

So DH and I could both hold a child while on the shuttle bus and that would be ok?

So DH and I could both hold a child while on the shuttle bus and that would be ok?

I would call the hotel to find out what type of vehicle they use for the shuttle. Some use a large van instead of a bus, in which case you would absolutely need car seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

My husband and I are taking our two small children on a cruise this November. We are planning on spending the night before the cruise in a hotel so we'll need transportation from the airport to hotel and then from hotel to the pier the next day. Would a hotel shuttle have car seats available for the kids to use? Does anyone know or have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

How old are the kids? We didn't start cruising until my youngest was almost 3. We had a small portable booster seat that tagged along attached to a backpack...

My son will be 23 months and my daughter will be 11 months so probably too young for booster seats.

Yeah, boosters aren't safe until absolute minimum of 4 years old. But your kids would probably both fit nicely into Cosco Scenera Next car seats which are wonderful for travel. They fit nicely in airplane seats, rental cars, cabs, etc. weigh like 7 pounds, and stack nicely inside one another which is really handy if you need 2. They cost $45 or less at Walmart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk