Which day pass for a beach day in Nassau with kids?

bostongal123

We will be sailing on Oasis next week and first stop is Bahamas. So far I found either Melia or Hilton resort day passes that seem to fit the bill. My husband and I have a 24 months old and a teenager. I am thinking of a relaxing beach day for the toddler and myself and hubby and teen son go out for some water activities such as snorkeling.

Which day pass would you recommend?

We will be sailing on Oasis next week and first stop is Bahamas. So far I found either Melia or Hilton resort day passes that seem to fit the bill. My husband and I have a 24 months old and a teenager. I am thinking of a relaxing beach day for the toddler and myself and hubby and teen son go out for some water activities such as snorkeling.

Which day pass would you recommend?

Melia, no snorkeling at the Hilton, small harbor beach.

We just came back from our sailing, which stopped at Nassau. All I can tell you is DO NOT go to Cabbage beach or Paradise Island beach resort. Absolutely not suitable for children (and dare I say half of adults). The waves are ridiculously strong and there is no shallow area for kids to play safely. We saw several adults being dragged out of the water visibly dazed from the impact of the waves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just came back from our sailing, which stopped at Nassau. All I can tell you is DO NOT go to Cabbage beach or Paradise Island beach resort. Absolutely not suitable for children (and dare I say half of adults). The waves are ridiculously strong and there is no shallow area for kids to play safely. We saw several adults being dragged out of the water visibly dazed from the impact of the waves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, the waves on Cabbage Beach can be very rough and dangerous. Even on calm days, there can be an undertow so I wouldn't want to take kids there.

Melia is on Cable Beach, though, which is very calm.