RCCL toddler silverware?

Whalelovinggal

We will be cruising on the Allure of the Seas with our then 19 mo old son this coming September. He insists on feeding himself and is getting good with both a fork and spoon. I really don't want to have to travel with our small silverware from home, not to mention keep track of it and wash it multiple times daily. My question is do they have smaller forks/spoons on the ship that are easily accessible? Wouldn't have to be toddler-specific silverware, something like appetizer forks and such would work. Thanks for your feedback!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Forums mobile app

We will be cruising on the Allure of the Seas with our then 19 mo old son this coming September. He insists on feeding himself and is getting good with both a fork and spoon. I really don't want to have to travel with our small silverware from home, not to mention keep track of it and wash it multiple times daily. My question is do they have smaller forks/spoons on the ship that are easily accessible? Wouldn't have to be toddler-specific silverware, something like appetizer forks and such would work. Thanks for your feedback!

Haven't seen any of this type, just smaller teaspoon and dessert fork. We brought a bag of toddler size plastic disposable forks/spoons.

Haven't seen any of this type, just smaller teaspoon and dessert fork. We brought a bag of toddler size plastic disposable forks/spoons.

That's what I would suggest - saves searching in different venues.

When we travelled on NCL's Gem when our daughter was 20months, we did the same thing - brought a bunch of disposable toddler size utensils. Amazon & Walmart sell them in packs large enough to last a vacation

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bring EVERYTHING 'baby specific" that you need. The cruise line provides nothing except P&P or crib.

Yup! If you don't want to spend a ton, go to the dollar store first. They have lots of items that are cheap enough to just throw out- including baby cutlery.

We take a ziplock bag of the take n toss plastic forks and spoons. We plan to take them with us after meals and reuse them, but take enough to lose/forget several sets :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We went on allure of the seas last summer with our then 16 month old twins and there are no baby utensils. We let them have the spoons on board.

Take and toss is a good option if you think you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised on the Allure when my daughter was 20 months. She just used normal utensils. They had the smaller (not toddler but more desert size) forks and spoons. If you aren't cruising for a while just let them get a little used to having big kid utensils so they don't stab themselves with the slightly sharper ones.