Honolulu car rental question.

canusa

We are sailing to Hawaii in the fall and plan to rent a car in Honolulu. If we rent the car from the airport, does anyone know how long a cab from the pier to the airport would take and approximate cost? Or is there a place to rent a car at the pier. Thanks.

We took a shuttle to the airport (pretty sure it was free, provided by the rental company). Worked well, but keep in mind that although the drive does not take long, you will be one of many doing the exact same thing so might have to wait until room on the shuttle for you and then there will be paperwork to fill out before you get the car, and pretrip inspection, etc. Give yourself an hour and that should be ample time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you wanting to return the car to the airport so you can catch a flight? If you are renting a car and staying in Honolulu you may want to rent a car from a Waikiki location. I think that the cruise port is about half way in between HNL and Waikiki. You can check with Uber to see what rates are between the port and both destinations. Recent reports are that a taxi from HNL to Waikiki are about $35, so I might assume that HNL to the port would be less. Also, if a shuttle is not available, Enterprise offers pick-up and delivery. Whichever rental car company you choose, join their loyalty program which will help you with PU and drop off. Cherie