WI-FI on Britannia

mondas42

Hi

Can anyone who has been on Britannia recently tell me if the Wifi has been upgraded yet? Just hoping as its there flagship that it would be upgraded quickly.

Thanks Martin

No one has reported it. However it could be soon.

Or is that a flying pig I spy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Just back off Oriana and usual wifi package costs - felt ripped off though at equivalent of £46 for 2 hrs wifi usage over the week. Or 50p a minute if you don't want a package. Costly if you've work emails to respond to or need to send an attachment - found the wifi quite slow so minutes are wasted on waiting for uploads etc.

Oh for the day when wifi is available as standard throughout the ship! In this day of iPhones, iPads, PCs and technology in frequent use, surely P&O don't want to miss that boat...!?

Just back off Oriana and usual wifi package costs - felt ripped off though at equivalent of £46 for 2 hrs wifi usage over the week. Or 50p a minute if you don't want a package. Costly if you've work emails to respond to or need to send an attachment - found the wifi quite slow so minutes are wasted on waiting for uploads etc.

Oh for the day when wifi is available as standard throughout the ship! In this day of iPhones, iPads, PCs and technology in frequent use, surely P&O don't want to miss that boat...!?

Interesting....it has been upgraded on Oriana and I found it much much quicker than it used to be. I was on her only a couple of weeks ago. I paid £62 for 300 minutes. It is nowhere near as fast as at home of course but its a bit difficult getting cables to a ship......

It was quicker than my BT broadband used to be before I got BT infinity - but that is another story!

Edited by Mysticalmother

Not sure what mean by upgraded.

We're just off Brittania and bought Wifi packages. It was the usual ship rip off pricing but seemed fairly efficient for a cruise ship.

I found it pretty good too.

And of course there are so many ways with modern media technology to minimise the actual time you are linked.

We thought Britannia was a great experience...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/03/30/britannia-the-maiden-cruise/

16929790376_5a8ff52505_z.jpg