Anyone sailed Oceana recently?

Pjran

Hi, I've not sailed on Oceana for a long time and a friend is going soon on one of the summer fly cruises and has asked for some hints so would appreciate your help.

I remember having breakfast, lunch and tea in a midship cafe, the only one I can find on a deck plan is Le Jardin. Can you still eat in there during the day free of charge please? I know they charge for dinner.

Any other useful tips please would be helpful. Thanks.

Only did breakfast in Le Jardin one day and it wasn't brilliant so went back to main dining room or the Plaza for breakfast or lunch on a sea day.

Not sure if there are any other places to eat in addition to Le Jardin, if there are I didn't find them.

Hi.

Oceana is my favourite ship one of the reasons being I know my way around so I don,t get lost! Yes you can still eat in Cafe Jardin for breakfast and lunch no booking required. The staff are great and good variety on the menu.

Only did breakfast in Le Jardin one day and it wasn't brilliant so went back to main dining room or the Plaza for breakfast or lunch on a sea day.

Not sure if there are any other places to eat in addition to Le Jardin, if there are I didn't find them.

Oh dear. Gosh I know I'm going back a few years but I liked the fruit there and although it was a limited selection I usually found something I liked.

Hi.

Oceana is my favourite ship one of the reasons being I know my way around so I don,t get lost! Yes you can still eat in Cafe Jardin for breakfast and lunch no booking required. The staff are great and good variety on the menu.

Thank you, im pleased to hear you liked the cafe too. Any other tips for the newbies would be most welcome.

There are other venues other than Cafe Jardin. You can go to the buffet in the Plaza or alternatively one of the restaurants on deck 5 or 6. This has waiter service and you will order from the menu, I usually have the P and O breakfast although there is plenty of choice.

There are other venues other than Cafe Jardin. You can go to the buffet in the Plaza or alternatively one of the restaurants on deck 5 or 6. This has waiter service and you will order from the menu, I usually have the P and O breakfast although there is plenty of choice.

and that's what I did.

We were on Oceana for two weeks in May and had breakfast in Cafe Jardin every day other than those where we had an early excursion and then had Room Service Breakfast. We have always enjoyed breakfast there, so much more peaceful than the hustle and bustle of the buffet. I also enjoy breakfast in the main restaurant but my husband isn't a great fan of that - he likes the selection on offer in Cafe Jardin.

We were on her in March (for the second time) and agree with others that Cafe Jardin is a lovely place to have breakfast, as well as lunch and dinner.

They have now added a Beach House for dining at night (for a small charge of £5 each) which is great, although the decor isn't as good as on Britannia (which is hardly surprising!) but we enjoyed the food.

We rather like Oceana. She has balconies without glass so you can stick your feet through when laying back in the sun!:)

The splash pool at the front is also a great place to sit and soak while sunbathing.

Whatever you do, hope you have a fabulous time.:)