Question about cabins

Hi - welcome to Cruise Critic and the Regent Board! The Navigator has lovely suites but also has an aft vibration. So, although you won't hear engine noise, it is possible that you will feel the vibration. The amount of vibration and is dependent upon the speed of the ship and the seas. Also, some people don't mind it at all and others are quite bothered by it. If you think this is something that is concerning, I recommend that you book suites more mid-ship.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by Travelcat2

In addition to the possible vibration problem pointed out by TC, 860 and 861 are above the show lounge. So you may have performance noise in the evenings or during rehearsal sessions during the day. Whether noise will be a problem is an individual thing and depends upon your daily routine and hearing acuity.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

And of course, that cruise is scheduled AFTER the Navigator's upcoming drydock, which, as rumor has it will take drastic strides again to fix the vibration issue.

The two times we've sailed on Navigator, we were in 932 and 1004, midships and forward, respectively, so I can't comment on the vibration in the cabins. I do know, however, that there is significant pool deck noise in 932 :mad: Never had any issues forward, though.

And of course, that cruise is scheduled AFTER the Navigator's upcoming drydock, which, as rumor has it will take drastic strides again to fix the vibration issue.

The two times we've sailed on Navigator, we were in 932 and 1004, midships and forward, respectively, so I can't comment on the vibration in the cabins. I do know, however, that there is significant pool deck noise in 932 :mad: Never had any issues forward, though.

Would love to know what Regent is going to try this time to relieve the vibration issue. The ship was already given a duck tail -- perhaps it needs giant balloons to keep it stable and a foam rubber wrapper around the aft section of the ship:D

On a more serious note, I hope the tanks that hold the water are changed out so the water will not come out of the taps rusty periodically. While I understand that the "brown water" is not harmful, it does appear to stain the towels so I can imagine what it does to hair in the shower. Yuck!

Regarding the pool, it seems that there is noise under the pool deck on all ships (at least Regent ships). There was a suite that we really wanted to book on the Explorer but could not get past the fact that it was under the pool deck. Another suite we wanted was under the "bridge". We experienced a cabin under the bridge on the Navigator and heard the Captain and others walking back and forth above our heads 24/7.

In terms of the OP's question, our recommendation is always to avoid aft suites on the Navigator and Voyager. There is no way to tell if the vibration issue will be completely or partially solved. If there is any vibration, it will not bother some people but can drive others to distraction. IMO, it isn't worth the risk!