Marina South America

bennyblanco

Dear O cruisers,

My wife and I sailed the Riviera last January, and we are hooked to O now. We are in our fourties, and were a bit sceptic about our age on O, bit we were surprised on how we blended in.

We are thinking of doing the Radiant Reflections cruise on the Marina from Rio to Buenos Aires next December.

My question is how is the itinerary, and how about the weather during that period.

I have only cruised the carib and the med before.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

It's summer down there, very warm to candle melting hot. I haven't sailed that itinerary but the one from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso in Chile, highly recommend for its outstanding scenery! We did it much later in the season when it was cold and stormy.

We enjoyed this itinerary in Nov '14 on Marina. The weather was great in Brazil but a little cool in BA then. You are going later so should be warmer. Could not get into one port in Southern Brazil due high winds. Staff did a great job, highly recommend this cruise.

It's summer down there, very warm to candle melting hot. I haven't sailed that itinerary but the one from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso in Chile, highly recommend for its outstanding scenery! We did it much later in the season when it was cold and stormy.

How much later? I'm mulling the Regatta late Feb 2018 sailing around the horn.

Edited by buggins0402

Not exactly the itinerary you want but worth mentioning that it looks like a smaller R ship (Regatta?) will now be doing the future routes involving Pacific side S.A. (e.g,, Valpo) and Papeete.

We did Valpo to Papeete this past January - 18 days on Marina with stops at Pitcairn I, Easter I and Robinson Crusoe I (among other regulars like Bora Bora). I mention this because it's my understanding O will be trading those small very difficult tender stops for other locations including Hawaii. So, glad we did it while we still could.

Also, many sea days which were very enjoyable.