For Americans Sailing on the Nautica in July

StanandJim

Better be quick, Pearl, the pound is bouncing back up again.

Who knows, what tomorrow brings?

Yes, it now appears that the soon to be Lord Carney had plans up his sleeve to staunch the flow should the Brexit come to pass.

I'm certain that he will get a Peerage out of all this, but when life gives you lemons...

Readers who acted quickly are already up a nickel a Pound versus current prices, but buying is still a great idea if one will be travelling in Britain anytime soon.

>Readers who acted quickly are already up a nickel a Pound

If you buy your GBP in the US, you will pay a premium of about 6%.

If you wait until you get to London and buy from the ATM using your card that doesn't charge conversion fees you will be even or just a little behind.

Also, Greenland, Iceland and Ireland don't use GBP.

((I))

>Readers who acted quickly are already up a nickel a Pound

If you buy your GBP in the US, you will pay a premium of about 6%.

If you wait until you get to London and buy from the ATM using your card that doesn't charge conversion fees you will be even or just a little behind.

Also, Greenland, Iceland and Ireland don't use GBP.

((I))

Very strange conclusions I R A Buying in the US can't even tell what one might pay for foreign currency. All depends on your bank or where you purchase the foreign currency as different banks charge different amounts and other places can charge more or less so impossible to state even an about percentage. Also, absolutely no reason to buy currency before leaving home.

Always better to purchase your currency in the country you want the currency for. And, using ATM's, have never gotten less than the current million dollar rate which is about the exact same as that posted on many of the TV shows showing the current monetary rates so have no idea how you can say I will be even or just a little behind as from experience, I get exactly the same rates as I do with my no foreign transaction fee credit cards???

Travelex, the concession in most airports quoted me $1.60 on Friday, when the bank rate was $1.37; when I questioned the ridiculous discrepancy, the answer was prett much :take it or leave it".

I agree with Rallydave: use local foreign ATMs and a no-fee credit card.

Travelex, the concession in most airports quoted me $1.60 on Friday, when the bank rate was $1.37; when I questioned the ridiculous discrepancy, the answer was pretty much "take it or leave it".

I agree with Rallydave: use local foreign ATMs and a no-fee credit card.