Azura Sofa Bed in Superior Deluxe

BigJH

We recently stayed in a 4 berth mini suite on Caribbean Princess, which had a sofa bed and an upper Pullman (see picture), and are due to stay in a Superior Deluxe on Azura at the end of July. From what I can make out, these cabins on Azura don't have upper Pullmans, does that mean the sofa bed is bigger than the one on the Caribbean Princess to enable it to accommodate 2 passenger?

If anyone has a picture, that would be great...

Cheers

ImageUploadedByForums1435331899.010913.jpg.16beba71212bc7d3929625524eb7ad9d.jpg

Hi, we travelled in one of these cabins as 3 adults and found that the double sofa bed was very comfortable. It was used as a sofa during the day and made into a bed by the steward whilst we were at dinner every evening.

• 7 months later...

Revisiting this thread please......

Could anyone who has stayed in a Superior Deluxe on Azura as a party of 3 adults let me know how cramped you felt with 3 adults in the room and whether the sofabed area was curtained off, so the third person feels they have adequate space and privacy?

Many thanks. Also please could you tell me which cabins you had?

Thank you !

Revisiting this thread please......

Could anyone who has stayed in a Superior Deluxe on Azura as a party of 3 adults let me know how cramped you felt with 3 adults in the room and whether the sofabed area was curtained off, so the third person feels they have adequate space and privacy?

Many thanks. Also please could you tell me which cabins you had?

Thank you !

Not stayed as a 3 but it isn't curtained off. However it's a good sized cabin with separate tv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin. Not being curtained off might be a bit of a problem as Adult No 3 is a very light sleepy and so easily disturbed. Thanks for the info.

It is a shame it isn't curtained off like the larger outsides on Oriana and Aurora

I've just this afternoon realised that the superior deluxe cabin we've booked for our latest cruise on Azura only has a single sofa bed. Our one last year had a double sofa bed.

On the deck plan, the cabins with a ** show a double sofa bed and a * is for a single. I automatically assumed all were doubles.

There was plenty of space last year and it looks like the square footage of the cabin is the same so we'll have a bit more floor space when the single is down as opposed to the double. However, steward puts it back to a sofa promptly in the morning so it didn't really cause any issues.

There were a good few feet between beds, so even though no curtain, our daughter slept a dream.

I'm glad someone has raised this. I'd also like to see a picture of it made up as a four if anyone has one. We are travelling with our two young children and to give some resistance to light once they are asleep I've bought a black shower curtain and plan to take our extending spring loaded shower curtain pole. Does anyone know if the walls in the bit that narrows have a flat edge? This may seem a little ott but with the little ones asleep early we at least need a small lamp on to read etc. Any comments or advice welcome on this one. We are in a superior deluxe.

Hope this helps - not a great pic. It was taken from the end of our bed last year. You can see that the space is pretty good. It looks like the sofa bed is a single but it was definitely a double (small double probably).

Wrote the above before I realised I couldn't seem to add a picture to my post. :-(

If you send me your email or something I can email you a pic Scriv - unless someone can tell me how I can add it to here?

I am sure Thorpeys would be very interested to see it, TinyDancer. My problem is actually sorted now as there will only be the two of us in the cabin, so we will just go for a normal balcony. Thanks you so much for all your help.

Also, I have just realised we are going to be on the same cruise if we decide to go ahead with this booking !

Hope this helps - not a great pic. It was taken from the end of our bed last year. You can see that the space is pretty good. It looks like the sofa bed is a single but it was definitely a double (small double probably).

Wrote the above before I realised I couldn't seem to add a picture to my post. :-(

If you send me your email or something I can email you a pic Scriv - unless someone can tell me how I can add it to here?

This may be what you have tried already but go to attach file and upload from your computer ensuring it's the right file type. I can't find an option to private message you my email address and don't really want to just put it on this thread. The picture would be great though.

• 3 years later...