Saturday Night in Southampton

Claretboy

I like the Platform Tavern pub near Town Quay. They do great food and brew their own beer under the Dancing Man banner. I have heard good things about Kuti's Royal Thai Pier next to Mayflower Park but have not eaten there myself.

I hope this helps.

Eddie

We are staying overnight on a Saturday in Southampton, can anyone recommend a nice restaurant / pub for an evening meal and is it better to book in advance or take pot luck on the night.

The Red Lion,just up the road from Town Quay does hearty meals @ reasonable prices (beware of the parrot).

Hi

There are plenty of places to eat to fit your bill. Saturday may be well booked as you surmise.

Rather than taking steps into the unknown we book at Prezzo who have restaurants around the country and the menu is one we like.

Also if you like a "bit of noise" TGI Friday is good

I like the Platform Tavern pub near Town Quay. They do great food and brew their own beer under the Dancing Man banner. I have heard good things about Kuti's Royal Thai Pier next to Mayflower Park but have not eaten there myself.

I hope this helps.

Eddie

The dancing man group have also opened another in the old 'Wool house' (previously the Titanic museum, but that has moved) - I've not been there, but I understand there is a lot of the original building and things of interest inside

- http://www.dancingmanbrewery.co.uk/

The dancing man group have also opened another in the old 'Wool house' (previously the Titanic museum, but that has moved) - I've not been there, but I understand there is a lot of the original building and things of interest inside

- http://www.dancingmanbrewery.co.uk/

Thanks Karen. I haven't been in Southampton since that place opened but it's definitely on the agenda for the next time [emoji2]

Eddie

I guess it depends where you are staying and how far you want to go. Enzo's Italian on the waterfront is excellent but very expensive and books well in advance. If you want casual eating, Banana Wharf at Ocean Village is nice. It is a short taxi-ride from the centre but sits beside the marina.

The Vestry in Commercial Road almost opposite the Mayflower Theatre is nice and different - it is a converted church. There is a new steakhouse/grill on the top floor of Kuti's Royal Thai that seems to be getting good reviews.

Oxford Street is full of restaurants of many different types.

Whatever you choose, have fun.