Cruising on Breeze in a Week - Quick Questions

Hello fellow cruisers,

Quick questions:

1) Does the room/bathroom get stocked with shampoo/conditioner or should we bring our own?

2) Pool towels - is it advisable to bring our own or are there sufficient available on decks?

3) Pillow - do people bring their own special/favorite pillow or is that just weird (ya, I know the cabins have pillows :) )

4) Is there a way (like an app or something) that allows you to communicate with family while on board? Texting? something?

Thanks!

Jenn

1) Showers have body wash and shampoo. No conditioner.

2) Pool towels are provided and can easily be swapped for fresh ones after use. Also can be taken off the ship for excursions.

3) I'm a huge fan of my own pillow and take when doing a car trip, but not a plane ride. Haven't noticed others do it, but that wouldn't bother me.

4) the Hub app is on the breeze. You have to all download it before you leave then activate it when you board. It's $5 per person for the trip to add the texting feature once you board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

1. There is shampoo and shower gel in the shower. No conditioner.

2. There should be two pool towels in your room.

3. I always bring my own pillow!

4. Yes, Breeze has the new Carnival Hub App. You have to download it before you get on the ship. There is a small charge per device to text using the ship's wifi.

1) Showers have body wash and shampoo. No conditioner.

2) Pool towels are provided and can easily be swapped for fresh ones after use. Also can be taken off the ship for excursions.

3) I'm a huge fan of my own pillow and take when doing a car trip, but not a plane ride. Haven't noticed others do it, but that wouldn't bother me.

4) the Hub app is on the breeze. You have to all download it before you leave then activate it when you board. It's $5 per person for the trip to add the texting feature once you board.

Wow, you beat me by a few seconds.😀

Hello fellow cruisers,

Quick questions:

1) Does the room/bathroom get stocked with shampoo/conditioner or should we bring our own?

2) Pool towels - is it advisable to bring our own or are there sufficient available on decks?

There are two in your cabin plus you can check out a towel on deck.

3) Pillow - do people bring their own special/favorite pillow or is that just weird (ya, I know the cabins have pillows :) )

Not weird but I never take mine anywhere. I can do without my pillows on a trip. Depends on oneself. :)

4) Is there a way (like an app or something) that allows you to communicate with family while on board? Texting? something?

Thanks!

Jenn

Hello fellow cruisers,

Quick questions:

You get shampoo only...not great but adequate if you're okay with generic hotel shampoo.

They will give you a fluffy beach towel for each guest. You can trade them in for new ones at the pool if you need to or the room steward replaces. Just be advised that if you take them off the ship like for an excursion and don't bring them back, they charge you for them!

I like the pillows, but I know you can ask the room steward for a different type if you want (cotton, feather.... Probably not memory foam)

Download the Carnival Hub app. before you leave. It's free, and gives you access to what's going on daily. For $5/day you can get Facebook and use Facebook messenger to text. It might be $25 for the week? Someone will know!

Thanks!

Jenn

Just a females perspective on the shampoo and shower gel... I actually like them a lot but they are not the moisturizing kind. I bring a leave-in conditioner and body gel to moisturizer with.

The pillows are the big over-stuffed kind and for me are too big to sleep with two but not big enough to sleep with just one. I didn't know we could request a different type of pillow though so maybe I can ask for one skinny pillow to go with my fat pillow. :D

Just a quick note re the Hub app. I used it on Breeze and not 100% of the messages would arrive on time. Sometimes the lag time of the chat feature was a couple of hours - sometimes instant. Not sure whether the bug has been worked out because it has been a few months since I was on board.

• 2 weeks later...
Galveston newbie here. First time on the Breeze . . . simple (hopefully) question. Is there a shuttle bus from the airport to the cruise port ? :confused:

Go to your cruise manager and on the left hand side of the screen there is a Cruise Checklist. One of the items listed it Airport Transfers. Click on that and there is all the information for booking.

Go to your cruise manager and on the left hand side of the screen there is a Cruise Checklist. One of the items listed it Airport Transfers. Click on that and there is all the information for booking.

Thank you so much. Carnival has them everywhere else couldn't figure out why not in Houston.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

One thing I've noticed about the pillows is that there are 4 pillows on the king bed, but 2 are firm and 2 are more soft, if that makes any difference in your decision to bring your own. I would just be sure and put a colorful pillowcase on yours to be sure it doesn't get mixed up with the ship ones.

I love the fact that CCL puts beach towels in the cabin. They're nice large thick ones, too!

I have colored hair, so I don't use the ship shampoo. I bring my Loreal sulfate free moisture shampoo, as it seems to have just a bit of conditioning effect as far as detangling, plus protects my hair. The soap is fine for me.

We used the Hub app. It's free for getting the daily schedules & checking your Sail & Sign account and you pay $5 per device for the whole week for texting. We used the texting feature last cruise & it worked well most of the time. Like others have said, sometimes a text will get held up and delivery delayed. A friend used the facebook feature for a couple of days only at $5 per day. She was able to touch base with her family at home through it.

Hello fellow cruisers,

Quick questions:

Thanks!

Jenn

We just got off the Breeze a little over a week ago.

1. Shampoo and soap will be in a dispenser in the shower, but a lot of people don't like it. There is no conditioner. I usually bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I also bring a travel size shower gel. My hubby uses Carnival stuff and doesn't have any issues with it.

2. In 12 cruises we have never brought towels and they have always had enough. They will have them in your room.

3. Pillows are very personal but I absolutely Love their pillows. To me they are very comfortable and full sized.

4. There is the Carnival Hub app and it is great. It shows everything going on the ship. If you pay $5 you can text people you are with on the ship to find out where they are and what they are doing. It works great.

Enjoy your trip

If you forget or just don't want to take the towel from your room.......you can "check" one out at the towel desk on the lido. You provide your sail and sign card and they give you a towel. When you return it, they check it off. If you don't return it or leave it on a chair...........you just bought a towel and it will show up on your sail and sign card.