Tell me all things Victory!

hlb76

I loved the Victory! Sailed on her in 2015 to Grand Turk and Amber Cove on a 5 day from Miami. I you like color, like me, it is very green, especially in the Atrium, shades of blue/mostly green, and the theme is 7seas/oceans and the promenade deck has some interesting coral like displays, and such. The ship is the same layout as Triumph, but does have a serenity deck. Watch out for the seahorses (in the stairwells), they like to bite lol!

Since my cruise the ship has had the staterooms all upgraded to the color blue color scheme, and the bathrooms are also updated. I would sail on this ship again in a heartbeat, if only I could cruise any time soon.

There was no Guy Burgers, blue iguana on my cruise, not sure if that has been added or not, but I dont think so. Dining room service, was excellent on my cruise, and I had anytime dining, with different crew each night, food and service was excellent.

There was a chopsticks, chinese station on the side of the lido deck, which I enjoyed.

All I can think of now.

Enjoy the Victory, one of my favorites.

One more thing, like conquest class ships, there are outside decks off the atrium, under the lifeboats, there were lots of chairs out there and it was quiet and good for snoozing, or reading, or just listening to the ocean whiz by. One side is smoking the other non smoking.

We had excellent service on the Victory and to this day, it's one of only two cruises that have managed to get us to Half Moon Cay, so...special memories.

That being said, the ship is among the more lacking ships in the fleet when it comes to dining options. You won't starve, but the plethora of FunShip 2.0 extras won't be found on her.....yet, anyway.

Don't miss the extremely garish neon fish that hovers in the aft MDR atrium, and the amorous nekkid mermaids in the MDRs. :)

My 1st (& 3rd) cruises were on Victory so she'll for her hols a special place for me. Yes, she's older & no upgrades right now, but she's a good old girl. I personally like the size & decor. The service was fantastic last time I sailed.

Go in with the mindset that you'll have a good cruise & you will!

I agree that yes she is older, but did not feel any older to me than other ships I have been on , (though I have not been on one newer than Splendor) However the ship was clean and did not feel old to me. I did not miss 2.0 on Victory, nor did I miss it on Splendor, and for me, 2.0 is not something that would be an enticement in booking a ship. Again just my humble opinion, and 2.0 seem to be a big draw for others.

Im going to miss some 2.0 food options but obviously not enough for us not to book. I'm not worried about her age. We have sailed many older as well as newer and have a great time on them all! When my son comes I tend to look at newer as there is more for him but the hubs and I are fine just relaxing no need for all the bells and whistles. We did splurge for an aft balcony and plan to enjoy that as much as possible :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Im going to miss some 2.0 food options but obviously not enough for us not to book. I'm not worried about her age. We have sailed many older as well as newer and have a great time on them all! When my son comes I tend to look at newer as there is more for him but the hubs and I are fine just relaxing no need for all the bells and whistles. We did splurge for an aft balcony and plan to enjoy that as much as possible :)

Oh, you'll love that. We had one on Conquest last October and kinda got spoiled. Great view of the ship's wake...unlike Royal's aft balconies, where you see a lot of metal superstructure.

Also, your balcony should be deep enough for -- and be outfitted with -- loungers as well as chairs.