The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

So reading the Carnival out NYC says you have to wait a day but I have never had to with Celebrity is that because its out of NJ? I thought NCL was the first day too and that's our of NYC. What a stupid rule.

I was just on NCL recently out of NY and had the drink package included with the cruise price which included the embarkation day. NCL charged the price of the drink on the receipt while in port but I was only charged for the NYC tax. Just like Carnival used to do.

The only difference between NCL and Carival that I can see is that the drink package was included in the price of the NCL cruise. I didn't check to see if you could purchase the package on the first day or not on the ship since it wasn't an issue for me.

Whatever the law is, I agree with you that the law is stupid.

So can you order a bottle of wine the first day out of Galveston and get the 25 percent discount with prepaid Cheers package, even though the program doesn't officially start until six AM the following day?

I have read back 16 pages and haven't really seen the answer I am looking for.

I was curious what the most expensive drink someone has ordered? I am looking to enjoy myself by trying new drinks, and wouldn't mind getting my moneys worth of the cheers program.

Like ordering an old fashioned made with Hennessy X.O.

I was curious what the most expensive drink someone has ordered? I am looking to enjoy myself by trying new drinks, and wouldn't mind getting my moneys worth of the cheers program.

I mentioned this earlier, but the most expensive drink I've ever ordered was a mixed drink that wasn't on the menu. By the time the bartender had added the three different shots it ended up being $21+.

Do you get to see what your bar tab would have been if you didn't get Cheers?

Your account will only show where the transaction occurred and what you paid ($0.00 unless you add an extra tip.). If you want to know what it would be you need to track it yourself. I tended to order the same kind of drinks at each of the different locations so I was able to come within a couple dollars when I tallied it up after the cruise.

Your account will only show where the transaction occurred and what you paid ($0.00 unless you add an extra tip.). If you want to know what it would be you need to track it yourself. I tended to order the same kind of drinks at each of the different locations so I was able to come within a couple dollars when I tallied it up after the cruise.

My goal is to rack up enough up at the bar to cover the expense for 2 people getting the cheers program. So I need to drink $114 a day, shouldn't be hard, and I know I will drink plenty of non-alcoholic drinks too. Side note, my wife is a fish, and she will easily drink 15 a day.

My goal is to rack up enough up at the bar to cover the expense for 2 people getting the cheers program. So I need to drink $114 a day, shouldn't be hard, and I know I will drink plenty of non-alcoholic drinks too. Side note, my wife is a fish, and she will easily drink 15 a day.

heck of a thing to strive for....go for it :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

I'm not normally a drinker at all.... However, I hit 15 every day last cruise..... And enjoyed every minute. Never more than a good buzz a few times. Cheers can definitely be worth it!

I'm not normally a drinker at all.... However, I hit 15 every day last cruise..... And enjoyed every minute. Never more than a good buzz a few times. Cheers can definitely be worth it!

That's all I really want. I don't want to get drunk, I just want to have a buzz and be able to enjoy myself.

Do you mean the most expensive drink one could order INCLUDED in CHEERS! at no additional cost? I have wondered the same. I know there is a $50 cap but all the lists I have seen nothing comes close to $50 for a single drink.

With 15% gratuity added if you purchase before your cruise is is about 57.45 pp pd. If you purchase onboard with gratuity it is about 63.20 pp pd.

Keep in mind that you still pay 15% gratuity on all drinks if you don't purchase the cheers package.

This may sound like a really dumb question (I apologize for that) but I'm going to ask it anyway. Are the non alcoholic beverages included in the 15 drink maximum. For example, let's say my husband has 12 beers, and 3 sodas, has he hit his limit for the day? Or is it 15 alcoholic beverages and unlimited non alcoholic. I apologize, I'm just a little confused and trying to figure out if it will be worth it for us (on our last cruise the plan hadn't changed, so non alcoholic beverages were not included). I don't really see him drinking that much beer in one day, but he might have a few mixed drinks at some point as well.

This may sound like a really dumb question (I apologize for that) but I'm going to ask it anyway. Are the non alcoholic beverages included in the 15 drink maximum. For example, let's say my husband has 12 beers, and 3 sodas, has he hit his limit for the day? Or is it 15 alcoholic beverages and unlimited non alcoholic. I apologize, I'm just a little confused and trying to figure out if it will be worth it for us (on our last cruise the plan hadn't changed, so non alcoholic beverages were not included). I don't really see him drinking that much beer in one day, but he might have a few mixed drinks at some point as well.

Non alcoholic drinks do not count towards the 15.

Cheers is definitely worth it for us. None of what follows were "forced" drinks to hit a minimum/maximum, and I never drank so much that I was ill.

It was lovely to be able to try new drinks, to have bartenders suggest wine pairings, etc., without having to worry about cost. Would have been nice if a carafe of sake was included (and not as a 25% discounted drink).

Here's how my breakdown went:

Day 1:

Iced cafe latte - $3.50

Patron margarita - $10.95

Blue margarita - $8.25

Water -$1.25

Beachcomber - $8.95

Spiked root beer float - $8.00

Rum Treasure - $10.95

Water - $1.25

The Youthful and Bold Berritini - $10.50

Moscato - $8.75