The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

The OP needs to be updated.... It's out of date and will confuse people (like it just did for me!

CHEERS! INCLUDES:

All spirits (including cocktails), as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $50.00 or lower menu price

Sodas, Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, energy drinks, specialty coffee, hot tea, 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages

Large format water bottles in the Dining Room and Specialty Restaurants

25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine by the glass above $50.00

25% discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle

25% discount off beverage seminars and classes

CHEERS! EXCLUDES:

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

So it now includes coffee and bottled water which is good and the $10 limit per drink has been removed.

Anyone know what the $49.99 drink might be? lol

I got given the answer I expected to hear from Carnival regarding EU only ports and VAT tax added. ie since I'm not buying anything aboard there is no tax applicable and I've already prepaid in full.

Another reason to go for it before boarding I if on a EU only cruise to avoid the price increase AND tax ... Of which even the gratuities would get hit by the extra.

However.... Someone suggested that Carnival intend to add up everything consumed and charge a "what it would have been" VAT - which I'm sure is complete BS and an answer from a CS rep who didn't probably even know that VAT is a purchase tax.

Anyone else been told this nonsense? (Or can I truly relax and not worry about it?)

Are martini tastings covered by cheers program?

Not covered (as already answered), but may have a 25% discount as Cheers rules provide for a 25% discount on "beverage seminars and classes."

Edited by Pops, Esq.

Don't forget you pay tax online. In Texas our rate is 8.25% so I only save a few bucks ($18, I think) so I'll do gift cards and purchase on the ship.

Online does not charge state tax. I am looking at the final charges on the checkout screen right now (I have two monitors). Says tax is $0.00.

Right now, I have a reservation with myself and my youngest daughter in a room (she's only 13, but already Gold on Carnival). I'm interested in buying the Cheers package. But, my older daughter (who is 23 and pregnant) may join us.

If I buy the Cheers package now, while I am the only adult in the room, if I add her later, will I still need to buy the Cheers package for her?

Just get a Dr. note stating she is pregnant and show it to them on the cruise and she will be exempt from paying for the Cheers program. My mom gets migraines from drinking and she got a Dr. note stating that. My dad didn't have to purchase it for her, and he got to enjoy the CHEERS program himself :)

Just get a Dr. note stating she is pregnant and show it to them on the cruise and she will be exempt from paying for the Cheers program. My mom gets migraines from drinking and she got a Dr. note stating that. My dad didn't have to purchase it for her, and he got to enjoy the CHEERS program himself :)

I've heard they're even cracking down on this now. Meaning, they don't care if one of the adults has a doctor's note. Guess it's a YMMV situation.

when was this? From what I understand the policy has changed somewhat recently.

when was this? From what I understand the policy has changed somewhat recently.

It's in the FAQ for cheers.

There are no medical grounds to bypass this "all must have" rule.

Stupid I know.

It's in the FAQ for cheers.

There are no medical grounds to bypass this "all must have" rule.

Stupid I know.

Oh, it makes no difference to me.... I was just looking for a polite way to say that I thought the person I quoted was wrong.

That would be a first! Why would they let him and not anyone else of the thousands that have tried?

Forgive me if this has been asked, but do they ever discount the program further if you buy before the cruise? From what I understand, there is generally always a savings if you pre-purchase rather than buying on board, but I just sailed on RCCL and we got a further 20% off the pre-cruise price for the drink package by buying it the week before cruising - does CCL ever do this?

Thanks!

Forgive me if this has been asked, but do they ever discount the program further if you buy before the cruise? From what I understand, there is generally always a savings if you pre-purchase rather than buying on board, but I just sailed on RCCL and we got a further 20% off the pre-cruise price for the drink package by buying it the week before cruising - does CCL ever do this?

Thanks!

The price before the cruise is $49.99 + 15%

The price onboard is $54.99 + 15% ... Plus a risk on EU only cruises of 21% tax added to that figure...

So technically you could say there already is a discount.

The price before the cruise is $49.99 + 15%

The price onboard is $54.99 + 15% ... Plus a risk on EU only cruises of 21% tax added to that figure...

So technically you could say there already is a discount.

Right, I figured as much since RCCL does the same, but I was wondering if anyone had seen them do any further discounts off the pre-cruise price. RCCL also had pre-cruise pricing that was a bit less than on-board pricing, but then the week before, the pre-cruise pricing dropped by 20%. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen CCL do something similar or if I might as well just go ahead and purchase Cheers now?

Thanks again.

Right, I figured as much since RCCL does the same, but I was wondering if anyone had seen them do any further discounts off the pre-cruise price. RCCL also had pre-cruise pricing that was a bit less than on-board pricing, but then the week before, the pre-cruise pricing dropped by 20%. I was wondering if anyone had ever seen CCL do something similar or if I might as well just go ahead and purchase Cheers now?

Thanks again.

I've not seen it and definitely not the best person to ask as the cruise I'm on in August is my first CCL. My gut feeling though is absolutely not a chance as it would encourage people not to buy and ultimately less profit.

Could be wrong though.

Thanks again.

I would say that is highly unlikely. I have never seen them do it, but who knows,you may get lucky.

So for roughly the last year I have been gradually saving Carnival Gift Cards. My intention was to use that money to pay for the Cheers. With the new changes to Cheers, I have to pre-order or spend more on board. At this time, I cannot pre-order online and pay with gift cards. Does anyone know if I can pre-order and pay with gift cards by phone? I have talked to others on FB groups who said this was an issue, but nobody has talked to anyone from Carnival yet. If I can't, I can't. I'll just put that $$ towards something else onboard, but I'd like to use it towards Cheers as I can't see spending that much on anything else.

Yes you can, you must call Carnival and they will help you that way with your gift cards, I had the same exact question the other day and called them to ask this question before I go buy my gift cards. Enjoy!!

Yes you can, you must call Carnival and they will help you that way with your gift cards, I had the same exact question the other day and called them to ask this question before I go buy my gift cards. Enjoy!!

Is there confirmation of this? Has someone actually called and paid for CHEERS! with gift cards?

Others have said they tried and was not able to do so. However things change all the time.

That would be why I don't just call. That and if someone has a quick answer then my time is better elsewhere.